Monday, June 17, 2013

HomeSense: June 2013 Edition

Happy Monday! How was your Father's Day weekend? My Dad had plans with his friends (who knew right?) and I will have to treat him another time.  So I went to brunch with friends instead after a back-to-back body pump + spinning with my favourite instructor, Julie, at Goodlife (it must be the Pride is 2 weeks away symptom).

Back to business.  I have been visiting my favourite HomeSense locations rather frequently as I tried to find the perfect Marilyn prints by Trowbridge Gallery to glam up Project Rental.  The place looks ravishing if I may say, and I wish I can show you more.  For the big reveal, you will have to wait for a little longer because Project Rental + Project Balcony will be featured in the Style at Home magazine!  It was a lot of fun at the shoot and I had a blast with Morgan, Donna, and Lisa!  Thanks Ladies!


While we look forward to seeing the place in print, I thought perhaps it is time to share with you the fabulous finds I came across at HomeSense.  My friend Christine sent me a picture the other day showing me the delicious and nutritious breakfast she made at home, and it inspired me to pair her waffles with this exquisite creamer by Lauren Home, a couple of the adorable mugs, and of course a stylish + comfy barstool by the breakfast bar.


A robin couple has built a nest at my friend's house and the baby robins just hatched.  This exciting event also inspired me to show you some of my favourite items dressed in none other hues than the beautiful robin's egg blue.


The dining room/den at Project Rental is all about glam, especially with this dynamite wallpaper from Cole & Son.  The hunt for everything deliciously extravagant has me going crazy about this overscale lamp with gold base + black cotton shade by Lauren Home, a modern twist on a classic wing back silhouette, a sexy table with high gloss top in black + curvaceous legs, and of course this bright area rug for a bold, standout statement.


Here are an exquisite desk with intricate panel details and mirror inset fits for a gentleman who likes the finer things in life.  It reminds me of Martyn Lawrence Bullard.  If you are looking a piece that screams decadence, this is your desk.


And a couple of mirrors to complete this glamorous Million Dollar Decorators' look. 


For those die hard Mid-Century fans out there, look at these unbelievable pieces.  A pair of sleek chairs with chrome frame + creamy white leather inspired by the classic placentero chairs for romantic dinner for two or this oh-so-comfortable Papa Bear upholstered handsome for the perfect Sunday lounge.  I wish I am furnishing Chris' new condo right now!   


Speaking about furniture design/style that stands the test of time, I love this cheerful nursery designed by Tamara Robbins with bright tomato red and canary yellow accents.  I am crazy about Tamara's rocker with crisp white + bold red tufting & contrasting pipping details.  If you are in the market for a stylish rocker for those many sleepless nights to come, here is a fantastic option to take your up a notch.    

nursery image via
As for my own happy weekend, I spent my time filling up my place with peonies, checking out Luminato, shopping for a sensational iPhone case by Rifle Paper Co., and admiring the photos from the Style at Home shoot. 

See you Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. Tim where is your favourite Homesense location?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I frequent the one at Sherway, Eglington/Warden, and a three along the way to Waterloo :)

      Delete
  2. you honestly find the best items at homesense! Love the robin's egg blue lamp and very much looking forward to seeing your work in print again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. another fabulous round up....i'm looking for a new desk....gotta hit homesense!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tim, what Homesense location did you find the Papa Bear chair at? I can't find anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I first saw it at King and Spadina location. I think I have since seen it either at Sherway, or Eglinton/ Laird, or Eglinton/Warden. Good luck!

      Delete