Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Friday! The weekend is almost here and it is Father's Day weekend!  Are you all set for some quality time with your Dad and have the perfect gift all wrapped up?  If you are still hunting for the gift to put a smile on Dad's face, I have got some classic items for a stylish Dad, even when he is barbecuing.  

I love J.Crew and was so happy to see the Toronto store at the Eaton Centre.  It doesn't have all the items the US stores carry but J.Crew also do online shopping, so shop til you drop I'd say.  When I think of an ideal casual summer weekend for Dad, the first idea came to my mind is relaxed, classic blue & white nautical + sail boat.  This is exactly what I've found at J.Crew ... plus this extremely handsome gentleman.  The funny thing is, I can totally see myself wearing all these items and a thought came to mind: am I still shopping for Dad?

images via J. Crew 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5
Then I thought of the signature stripes from the Bay.  It is punchy yet classic, a special touch all Dads should have in their outfits.  Whether you are dressing up for a special occasion (have a convocation  or wedding to attend?) or just lounging on a lazy summer day, these colorful stripes will for sure score you an A+.  These loungers + foot stools are super comfortable and if you want a pair, be sure to check out them out before they are sold out! 

images via the Bay 1/ 2/ 3/ 4
Who is kidding who, I am not a BBQ guy.  My Dad, however, loves to barbie in the Summer.  In fact, he just did his first barbecue a couple of weeks ago and the chicken wings were delicious.  If you are looking for a small but efficient BBQ, this one by Jamie Oliver is exactly what you are looking for: stylish good look and burger for two done in minutes.  You will also need a barbecue set to do the job right and here is an essential kit for the chef.  

A glass (or two ... or three) of whisky maybe in order and these whisky stones made from natural soapstone will cool your drink without watering it down.  Love the fun designs: perfect mustache inspirations for the Dads.  While cooking outdoor, Dad may also wants tune and this crystal-like, three dimensional "turtle shell" wireless boombox is sleek!

images via Indigo 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank my Dad for all the years of hard work and dedication to provide everything our family need (not to mention the craziness I put him through from time to time).  Dad actually has plan with his friends this Sunday, so I wish him, and all you Dads out there, a very happy Father's Day! 

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. That's such a nice snap of you and your dad, Tim!

    (P.S. You know I love the Hudson's Bay stripe...!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool pic of you & your dad :))
    Im looking forward to seeing my dad this sunday woo hoo!

    Madebygirl.blogspot.com
    MadeByGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lady and Gent! I love that picture too! Happy weekend to you both xoxo

    ReplyDelete