Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Delight: Peony Glory

Happy Friday! Sorry this post comes a little late today.  My internet was dead last night, and me being the "genius" of everything technology means I had to wait until Chris came to the rescue at this hopeless situation.  Anyhoo, while my internet was out of commission, I decided to focus on happy thoughts and one thing I love to do on Saturday morning is to check out the farmer's market at St. Lawrence Market.  The fresh blooms there are always in season and they are gorgeous.  My favourite of them all (and I am sure this is no surprise to you) is peony. 



This magnificent species is truly a God's gift to human (a tight race against Ferero I must say).  It does not only captivate you by its glorious layers of petals in beautiful hues, but its heavenly fragrance is just beyond incredible.  Clearly I am not the only person in love with this sensational bloom and today, I want to share with you some of my favourites peonies + spaces.     
Stepanie's style is casual elegance and her photography skill is impeccable.  I love her peony shoots and this one with the confetti hanger simply puts a smile on my face.

image via Stephanie Sterjovski 
Margot also loves peonies and I am super jealous of her access to these super fresh blooms right from the wholesale market.  Margot also did a story on how to decorate with floral on House & Home last summer.  This huge peony mural on the wall just took my breath away: what a beautiful bold statement! 

image via Margot Austin / House & Home
For simple, elegant floral ideas on how to bring your favourite blooms into your home, check out this inspiring segment with Margot at House & Home:


Sam loves all things pretty and pink, so of course she has also used peonies in the spaces she transformed in her hit TV series: Pure Design.  I love that Sam's spaces always serve up a delicate juxtaposition of femininity and masculinity.  Whether it is a curvaceous chandeilier vs. the streamlined dining table + sleek mid-century dining chairs in black, or a chic cozy living with a soft creamy palette vs a rustic coffee table with an industrial edge, Sam has created these stunning spaces that aim to inspire.

image via Samantha Pynn
Sarah's love of flowers are not news to her fans.  I love that her team always put together the flower arrangements themselves for the reveals and they are just the perfect finishing touches to accentuate the transformed spaces. I also HEART this overscale chinz fabric with vibrant color + graphic floral on the classic, tailored Jude bench.  What an incredible conversation piece to welcome your guest at the foyer!    

image via Sarah Richardson Design
So these are my favourite peonies at the moments.  What are some of your favourites?

2 comments:

  1. Peonies are among my favorite blooms. Last time I bought a beautiful bunch for my mum:-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been treating myself with Peonies every week at the farmer's market since 3 weeks ago. Fingers crossed more of it to come this year since spring/summer started late :)

      xo

      Delete