Friday, June 21, 2013

Cottage Fun ~ June 2013

Happy Friday!  I hope you all have a great time because I am totally having blast up at Bala Ontario.  For those of you who follow me on Instagram, you must know by now that I have filled the cottage with peonies, enjoyed delicious sandwiches at the deck while maximizing my intake of Vitamin D, and attempted a late night baking session (well Chris did).  It has been a lot of fun and today, I am sharing some of my happy moments with you.


On our way to Bala, we stopped by the Gravenhurst for its weekly farmer's market.  We had a lovely pulled pork sandwich and picked up some fresh produces for the cottage.  Of course my friend loved this adorable bear wood carved statue by the pier and so did I.


Our cottage is on the Long Lake, and the panoramic view from our floor to ceiling window is absolutely breathtaking.  Here is the sunset from our deck, a sexy ride at the pier, delicate and sensational peonies Chris brought to the cottage as a surprise, and of course my favourite inspirational spreads + a glass of  gin and tonic. 


I quite enjoyed the views from the deck and here are a few highlights from the past two days: mid-century modern classic, super hot tanning sessions, relaxing nap on the deck, and well ... more great reads.   


Another highlight is a relaxing walk to Bala and a visit to the most chic ice cream place ever!  GET OUT right?  I am crazy about the classic red & white palette + a hint of vintage love.  More ice cream for me tomorrow I am sure.


Speaking about delicious sweet treats, Chris also baked a lovely cheese cake last night and can't you tell it was baked with love? I love you too xoxo!


Before I leave you for a lovely summer weekend, here is a fun bit from this morning when we checked out the cheese cake with French tunes as background.  I felt like I was in Paris!

Happy Weekend Friends!

1 comment:

  1. So completely lovely! I'm hoping to be doing something similar very soon! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete