Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Big News @ BlogPodium + Stephanie S Designs + Gus* Modern 2013 Launch

Hello Wednesday and boy don't I have lots of exciting news to share with you all today.  Being a design/ lifestyle blogger in Toronto (or the surrounding areas) means you are in close proximity to many design events, special media functions, and of course fantastic sources as constant inspirations.  As I talked to out-of-town bloggers at various functions, I discovered that bloggers in Toronto share a nourishing, supportive community that makes others envy.  This indeed is absolutely true.  I still remember back to the days when I first started blogging and how the Toronto blogging community welcome me with open arms.  Jen, Lindsay, and Chris are my mentors who offered me invaluable tips, advices, and friendships.  Thanks ladies and gent!        

Fast forward for three years, we lucky bloggers now have BlogPodium! It is an amazing series of conferences and workshops that brings design & lifestyle bloggers all under one roof to connect, collaborate, and to embrace the power of conversation.  So whether you write about interior design/decorating, home reno, photography, lifestyle ... well you get the idea, BlogPodium surely is an event you won't want to miss.

Registration is now opened.  Events in the past were both sold out, so make sure you secure you seat today via here!

image via BlogPodium
The topics at this year's BlogPodium are truly informative and I have already lined up my schedule with sessions I would love to attend.  And as if the sessions were not exciting enough, Sarah Richardson will be the keynote speaker at BlogPodium!!  Now your ticket to BlogPodium truly is worth every penny.   

image via Sarah Richardson Design
Another speaker at BlogPodium is Stephanie Sterjovski, who is the blogger behind a hugely popular blog, Stephanie Sterjovski life + style, and the owner & designer of SS Print Shop.  I am super eager to learn from Stephanie on the topic of "From Blog to Business".

image via Stephanie Sterjovski
You all know I love prints so I hopped over to SS Print Shop to check out her work, and wow was I ever glad for those few clicks of the mouse.  Stephanie's design is lighthearted, chic, and whimsical.  Check out these adorable bow ties for HIM & HER.

image via Stephanie Sterjovski original designs
Don't you just love the styling of these photos? So jealous of this design triple threats.  Stephanie is a talented photographer, a successful business owner, and she has a fantastic sense of style ... not to mention how gorgeous she looks!  Take it as a compliment Stephanie when a gay man says a girl is beautiful.

Here are a few prints I would love to have in my own home.

image via Stephanie Sterjovski original designs
Big thank you to Stephanie for partnering with me on Project Rental and one of her prints is on its way to me as we speak.  You will have to wait and see which one I've picked.  See this super fun clip? Now I am EXCITED when the mailman knocks on my door!  


Now if you are in town this Thursday, here is an event you also won't want to miss.  Gus* Modern is hosting a Summer 2013 launch event at Stylegarage for a special preview of its newest collection + an exclusive one-time-only 20% preorder discount on all new items!  You will also get to meet the creative talents behind the designs of the sleek, contemporary sofas, sectionals, chairs, accent tables and more, while enjoying the complimentary beer and snacks from Bellwoods Brewery.   I love the Carmichael chair for its sleek mid-century aesthetics and of course the bright yellow laurentian citrine fabric!

image via Gus* Modern
So what are you waiting for? It is time to clear your planner and marking these dates in.  
See you Friday xo

11 comments:

  1. Tim! I will be at Blogpodium! I really hope I get a chance to meet with you. I still appreciate all the advice you have given me in the past.
    I'm so excited to attend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so looking forward to finally meeting you too Tiffany! Happy summer!

      Delete
  2. So much goodness in this post Tim! Thanks for the BlogPodium shout out. And isn't Stephanie a gem? So talented, that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Where has Stephanie been hiding all these years? Thanks Jen for all your hard work to bring together such amazing event. So looking forward to it and no I am NOT going out of town this time!

      Delete
  3. You are totally right...gotta hit up Blogpodium. Would love to meet you again. I like hanging out with all the creative types!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO excited for BlogPodium! Love Steph and her prints, so gorgeous. Going to be such an exciting day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I need to start a blog just so I can attend BlogPodium!
    xo
    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes M!! You will have to start soon!

      Delete
  6. Thank you Tim, you are so sweet :) Excited to meet you!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love to see all the blogger power - no matter where you are! Fab! Happy weekend, Tim!

    ReplyDelete