Monday, May 13, 2013

Spring + Summer Rush @ Indigo

Hello Monday!  I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and celebrated Mother's Day with your loved ones.  I was in Waterloo for the weekend to unwind and helped Chris to clean out his closet to make room for his fresh spring/summer outfits.  He will kill me when he sees this, but I will show you a couple of his new looks anyway at the end of the post.  So stay tuned.

Mother's Day is all about saying thank you to our moms for their love, support, and encouragement on our pursues in life.  Moms are always there to share our laughters and to love us unconditionally.  You have seen the Dream Bedroom I put together to honour my late mother with all the gorgeous pieces from Elte last Friday.  Today, I am taking you to Indigo to shop for another important mom to me, my mother-in-law in Germany.


Indigo is in full spring flourishing mode and I was blown away the moment I stepped into the store.  Greeting me by the door is this bright and happy wall of raspberry pink + mustard decorative accessories and pillows.  If you are looking for inspiration to refresh your home for spring/summer this year, this pretty palette may just be your jumping off point.  With two bold hues juxtapose against one another, I would say keep the walls in warm neutral grey for a youthful and energetic space.     


Palette No. 2 lightened the vibrant raspberry pink, and instead of contrasting with rich mustard yellow, Indigo has paired lilac and violet to complement the soft delicate blush for a grown-up luxurious look.  Add an Atwood sofa in creamy white from Style Garage, a square coffee table with a greyish weathered wood appeal, a high gloss white lacquer tray, a glam favourite read, and a sweet pink citron candle, and you have an elegant and classy room to enjoy for years to come.     


To add decadence and glamor to our "My Fair Lady" look, I am adding black & white + gold to the mix.  Love this gold heart tote and super glam embossed polka dot journal.


With Summer just around the corner (I really do hope so, especially after the ice storm we had yesterday), his deep navy, brilliant white, and bright mint is just the inspiration I need for Project Balcony!  I am loving the chevron and geometric patterns here.  I will definitely have to find a way to work them into the balcony.


Now back to the perfect Mother's Day gift for my mother-in-law, Monika loves gardening and she has a very lovely garden with beautiful blooms.    


So I thought, what's better than getting Monika something for her garden and to bring the flowers indoor?  Here is what I came up with and you may want to bring home an item or two as well.     

Image from left to right via 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6/ 7
Today is certainly all about family fun and here are a couple of fashion moments for Chris.  We had some fun at H&M on Saturday and picked out a few outfits for the season.  Chris was so brave to try out whatever I threw on him and he's looking so stylish and hip! Well ... new footwear to follow on our next fashion session.  


So what did you do on Monday's Day weekend? I would love to hear from you.  Also remember to visit Elte and tweet me a picture of you + your favourite find + leave me a comment here for a chance to win $100 gift card from Elte!  

3 comments:

  1. Discovered you through Bijou and Boheme. Love your blog and style. Chapters is so pretty right now. Do you know where they go their gorgeous coffee tables from (I know the sofa is Gus Modern)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I am not sure where they got that coffee table ... but I know they used to get their media units from Shelter Furniture: http://www.shelterfurniture.ca

      Delete
  2. Socks and sandals? Quelle horreur!

    ReplyDelete