Friday, May 10, 2013

Mother's Day Special: Dream Bedroom w/ ELTE

Hello Friday! Mother's Day is just around the corner and I would like to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to my late mother who had nurtured/guided me, taught me the important values in life, and encouraged/ embraced my creativity since I was a toddler.  My sense of style and design aesthetics are strongly influenced by my Mom's taste.  The way Mom carried herself, her creative talents in art, and her warmhearted personality all exude elegance and class.

This is one of my favourite pictures with Mom holding my hand (I probably was only 2 or 3), guiding me at the balance beam on our Sunday hike.  Love you and miss you Mom!  


This Mother's Day weekend also marks the launch of a revamped and refreshed Elte.  After two years of comprehensive renovation, Elte has completely redesigned its showroom to enhance our shopping experience with brand new departments such as Custom Rugs, Mattresses and Baby, and expanded favourites departments including furniture, rugs, carpeting, accessories, lighting and bedding.  I have always enjoyed my visits at Elte because no matter where I look, there is always a captivating vignette that stimulates my style-hungry eyes.  

So I thought: since I never get to makeover my Mom's bedroom, why not put together a dream bedroom that reflects my Mom's taste with all the exquisite items from Elte for the special occasion?

I want the room to feel light, serene, classic feminine while still appeals to my Dad.  This is what I came up with:           

image from left to right via 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6/ 7/ 8
The jumping off point of this dream bedroom is the upholstered bed.  I remembered the headboard Mom had in Hong Kong was a custom diamond tufted beautify in blush.  So my heart skipped a beat when I saw the Helaine Bed with a classic camel back, diamond tufting, and nailhead details on the side.  It is exactly what I am looking for: the upholstered bed gives the room an instant sense of luxury, the tufting adds a feminine touch, while the classic wing back/ camel back design with antique brass nailhead channels with my Dad.  

image via ELTE
I also wanted a bench at the foot of the bed.  This Gilded Bench is glamorous thanks to its creamy leather upholstery (I see faux ostrich leather) and the distressed gold frame with a link motif.  Built-in storage was another big component in Mom's bedroom.  Here I have the Forrester Chest as bedside table for high style and practical storage.  The link motif from the bench is also picked up here as hardware in nickel.  Instead of having bedside table lamp that takes up valuable surface space, I opted for the Cross Bouillotte Sconce for nighttime reading and ambience.  

image via ELTE
To group all these sensational furniture pieces together and to ground the overall space, I am splurging on a Silk Orchid rug for its contemporary take on a traditional beauty.  The Silk Orchid rugs are hand-knotted with 100% recycled sari silk, which makes the rugs ultra soft to touch and a sheen that screams luxury.  I particularly like this grey one for its calm neutral palette with a subtle hint of pink. 

image via ELTE

Speaking about grounding the space, I also need a little classic black in the room.  The Dension Ceiling Light is substantial in scale but doesn't feel heavy or imposing due to the open iron lantern design.  Its four candles also give the bedroom plenty of light.  In case you haven't noticed yet, the black accent is also picked up as sexy feet on the bedside chest and the upholstered bed.       

image via ELTE
There will still be room for another vignette in Mom's bedroom and this Lawson Chest with white lacquered wood, bronze mirrored front, and white wood intricate fretwork detailing fits right into this sumptuous bedroom retreat.  Pairing with two Lynton table lamps (love the grey with a hint of turquoise and the gold leaf accents) and a dynamite mirror with scallop top, I think we have a winner!

image via ELTE
So what do you think about this dream bedroom?  I think it is absolutely sensational thanks to all the beautiful and finest pieces from Elte.  I am sure you are now all eager to check out these gorgeous items in person, and here is an added bonus if you are planning for a visit this weekend.  To celebrate the relaunch of the newly renovated Elte, the store is hosting a contest for customers who visited Elte Opening Weekend, May 10 to 12, for a chance to win one of five $1,000 Elte gift cards!

image via ELTE
That's not all! Elte also generously offers one lucky DesignMaze reader a $100 Elte gift card.  All you need to do is to tweet a photo of you at Elte with your favourite item (make sure you mention @Elte #ElteRevamp + @designmaze_tim) and come back here to tell me why you love your pick.  Yes it's that simple, and the winner will be drawn on May 19th. 

So what are you waiting for, start the car and start tweeting! 

Happy weekend everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Very nice picture of you and your mom, Tim! Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks yoko! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Such a sweet picture of you and your mom. I almost used the same mirror in my living room but at that time (2 years ago I think) it was out of stock worldwide and I was told it's discontinued (see this post http://www.amdolcevita.com/2011/06/living-roomday-3.html). I moved on but of course months later I found out that it's back in the market again. :) You seriously should consider becoming a full-time designer - you have the talent for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! Yes I love that mirror and now I may just have to work it into another bedroom project I am working on now :)

      Check out ELTE if you are in town this weekend for a chance to win $1,000 in store and tweet me a pic for the $100 gift card :)

      Delete
  3. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Such a sweet picture of you and your mom.
    Gorgeous bedroom and I too love that mirror!
    xo
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the get up Tim, those knee patches are pretty snazzy:) Popping in to say a little helloey.

    We have a Naughty But Nice Petit Four Stand Giveaway starting today, hope to see you there.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very sweet picture of you and your mom. Love the gorgeous bedroom you designed. Happy weekend, Tim!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim, I love that you have such great memories of your Mom and her sense of style! Thanks for sharing with us.

    Ps - I just tweeted a photo from Elte with my fave sofa -the Clarendon. Super comfy!! I would have it upholstered in a navy blue velvet and lounge on it constantly. Perfect for movie watching, and of course for taking naps :) Love the Elte revamp, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute pic Tim! I just tweeted you a picture of me at Elte with a headboard I'm absolutely drooling over! I love that it is tufted and the mirrored frame adds some glitz that would compliment my Hollywood glam bedroom decor theme. Sophisticated Chic at its finest! Love Elte :)

    Tashieka
    Chillinwithtash.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The new store looks incredible. The natural light makes everything sing in the store. I love the linen section upstairs and fell for some dark inky pillows. There was a striped upholstered bed in the children's section with a mustard piping detail that you must see. So fabulous. I am going to send you the picture. My friend and I enjoyed a coffee in the new cafe!

    Hope you are enjoying the weekend.


    ReplyDelete