Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy Weekend Thoughts

Happy Monday!  How was your weekend and did you take full advantage of the glorious weather?  The warm weather, the cheerful sunshine, the bright blue sky, all these elements summed up to one and only outcome: yours truly did nothing but hanging out at parks, touring my favourite streets/stores, and meeting up with my best buddies for a very tasty brunch.  Today, I want to share with you all the fun bits from my weekend!

I was determined to head over to High Park for a relaxing walk.  Little did I know that the once a year (a few days to be exact) sensational cherry blossom was also at its prime.  I was expecting the park to be busy on the first sunny + warm summery weekend, but I didn't expect to see thousands of moms, dads, kids, good looking boys and girls all showed up to admire the breathtaking blooms and to enjoy the beautiful weather.  Don't believe me? Check this out!  


An attempt to get away from the ever "enthusiastic" and "photogenic" crowds for a relaxing walk led Chris and I to a part of High Park we have never been before.  I felt like I was hiking through the Bruce Trail, but I was right in the middle of the concrete jungle with my preppy outfit.     


Other than my outdoor fun at High Park, I also had a lot of fun walking around Queen Street and of course I had to make a stop at Gus* Modern and StyleGargage. I've always loved their simple, clean line, contemporary design aesthetics. During this visit, I was mesmerized by this industrial chic table lamp with a perfect mix of copper and brass. This should come with me to Project Loft (you will see more about it in the summer).

You all know I love white and this vignette at Gus*Modern is right up my alley: an incredible magnolia branch, a smooth wood table with a Scandinavian flair, and those creamy hide stools with natural wood frames? LOVE!!


Chris needed to do some shopping (the odds of a shopping request from Chris is lower than winning a lottery), so I took him to another favourite spot of mine: Marshalls at College Park.  While he looked for clothes, I picked up a marvellous table in pretty mint and should we all say hello to the perfect red boxes from Coach!


The gorgeous weather continued on Sunday and we decided to have brunch with friends at a beautiful patio at Hair of the Dog. I love the covers of their menus, especially this one with a weimaraner puppy. So adorable.

I also have very exciting news for you soon about Project Rental but for today, I am very happy to let you know that we will soon be working on Project Balcony! With a stunning view and a balcony in decent size, it is only logical for my friend to take her living space outside for summer entertaining. Lots of fun to come and here was what inspired me while sourcing at West Elm.


See you all on Wedensday! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Those blossoms are INCREDIBLE! A seriously pretty sight; you totally lucked out that you picked this past weekend to go! Plus, I'm loving your stripe tank, Mr! Have a brilliant week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that Gus*Modern lamp in my life!!!

    ReplyDelete