Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wish Restaurant: Delicious + Stylish

Happy Wednesday! Work has been extremely hectic (a.k.a. like Hell ... please excuse my language) and to keep myself from going totally mental, I try to focus on happy thoughts and think of my favourite spot for sunday brunch.

image via Wish
I love the effortless elegant design aesthetic at Wish.  I am crazy about these simple table linens with lavender strips and check out how good they look against the marble table top + a hint of lime green from the fresh cut lily blooms.  Even the little bowl with sugar cubes got me photo snapping happy!



Now this is something I have never seen before, and I am so inspired that I will attempt this DIY for Project Rental.  What an ingenious idea to incorporate fresh blooms to create your very own master piece!  The trick is to pick the kind of blooms that could live a long life in water tube.  That's right, each of these orchid blooms have individual water tube at the back of the canvas to help them stay fresh and vibrant.  Best of all, you can always change up the flowers for a completely different look!



While I was there for brunch the other day, the front part of the restaurant was reserved for a bachelorette shower/party and the theme was "Breakfast at Tiffany's".   What a gorgeous blue box I am telling you.

image via Wish
This got me thinking: Wish is a fabulous place for dinner with friends and family for special occasion!  Not that I am planning my special day anytime soon, but Wish is definitely high on my list for the perfect celebration reception.

image via Wish
Wish does not only look good, it also tastes delicious.  Don't believe me? Check out two of my favourite items on the brunch menu: 

Broiled Grapefruit with Raw Sugar

image via Wish
Challah French Toast with Blueberries & Caramelized Bananas

image via Wish
Have you been to Wish?  With wedding season ready to kick start, do you have a favourite wedding reception venue?  

2 comments:

  1. so much pretty...thanks for the inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place is right up my alley, Tim!!! Want to go there!!! So I need to plan a revisit to Toronto;-)

    ReplyDelete