Monday, April 29, 2013

Project Rental: Living Room + Bedroom Fun

Hello Monday! Did you enjoy the beautiful sunny weekend? While I was busy wrapping up the living room and bedroom at Project Rental, Chris and I still managed to spend our afternoons outside to enjoy the first real sign of spring/summer in Toronto.  I will be sharing the reveal of the rooms real soon (as soon as I sort through hundreds of pictures M and I took) ... but for today, here is a little behind-the-scenes of our fun day at the photo shoot.


Learning from Ann Marie and Donna during the Style at Home shoots (here + here), less is definitely more and that a "live-in" relaxed look (instead of all straight up tidy) is what graces the glossy pages of the magazines these days.  These are my attempts for (1) cheerful sunday munch, (2) bright & sumptuous sanctuary, and (3) charming flower power that is perfectly spring.   


Colors, textures, and patterns are my three best friends to create an impactful and dynamic living experience in a rental where no paint nor wallpaper is allowed.  The layering of these three elements via foundation pieces (i.e. sofa, chair, and rug), decorative pillows, accessories, and original artwork creates visual interests, gives depth, and breathes life into the space.  


The bedroom is absolutely sensational I am telling you.  Not that I have any urge to put makeup on every morning, but with the huge floor to ceiling window flooding the room with beautifully bright ray + intricate pattern play at the drapes, I sure do want to hang out here!  


That's it for now ... until the final reveal for lots of tricks and lessons I learned at Project Rental.  Happy Monday folks!

16 comments:

  1. You are a talented designer, Tim. I love the sneak peaks so far. The less-is-more casual trend is definitely growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I sure did learn lots from the S@H shoots ... starting to pick up little tricks with the camera here and there as well. Loving my new camera1

      Delete
  2. Very cool to get a looksy behind the scenes, cant wait to see the final reveal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I can't wait to share the after pictures as well!

      Delete
  3. So exciting to see the sneak peeks, Tim! It looks like you all had a great time on the shoot - I can't wait to see more.

    Hope you had a brilliant weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx Will! It surely was a lot of fun and I wish you were here with us too!

      Delete
  4. Looks fabulous Tim! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Tim I can't wait to see it in print. I love the fabric combinations on the sofa. {www.thepinkzipper.blogspot.ca}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really looking forward to this reveal Tim! It's a pleasure to have worked with you on it : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine! Love the drapes and the fabric panel looks fantastic!

      Delete
  7. Its looking so good Tim! Can't wait to see it all. See you on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't wait :) see you tonight!

      Delete
  8. Looks fantastic, you are so very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is pretty.. was so impressed when I visited her place. Very comfortable and fits her style. You are so talented Timonthy!!

    ReplyDelete