Friday, April 12, 2013

Project Rental: A Few Little Details

Hello Friday! It was MISERABLE out with freezing rain and ice pellets hitting the ground yesterday and warning on major ice storm is in effect this morning, I think it is best we all just stay in and do what we do best to cheer ourselves up: decorate our home!  So I thought why not give you a little update/ sneak peek into Project Rental and how our three rooms are coming together.

The den/dining room is getting a deluxe makeover.  The plan has changed a bit accommodate seating and limited floor space, but the feature wall will look absolutely incredible once all the elements are in.  For now, we have built our foundation with two graphic Billy bookcases.  Thanks Will of Bright Bazaar for the sneak peek of this stylish piece and Sarah of Sarah Gunn Style for letting me know the moment this hot item landed in Toronto!

Brushed Brass is the warm metal accent I envisioned for this black & white space. A sleek custom metal base by the fabulous Vie of Anvil & Co. will be incorporated into the design and be topped by a gorgeous piece of marble to serve as a desk or dining table for two.  Since overhead light is not an option in this room, I will need to find a solution to make sure the room: (1) is bright enough for working and (2) has the right dosage of ambience for fine dining.  


My solution?  Wall sconces and I have got the perfect spots for them right by either side of the Billy bookcases!  During my search for the perfect wall sconce for the space, I came across these four stunning beauties from Visual Comfort Lighting.  I love the two with linen shades for their elegant, feminine look, the lantern style to give the room max amount of light, and the library style one for task lighting.      

image via
To be 100% sure I am covered on the "let there be light" department, I decided to go with this faux bamboo sensation by the talented Jonathan Adler.  This Meurice wall sconce has 10 light bulbs, and a pair of sconces = 20 light bulbs in the room.  Lighting Issue: closed!

I also have a plan to take the glam factor of the space up a notch.  What plan do I have with this geometric fun? You will have to wait and see.

image via 1/ 2
A quick peek from the living room, just to give you a taste on the layering of textures and patterns.  I am also super happy to have met Meurice the floor lamp (also by Jonathan Adler).  With adjustable height capability and a brushed brass finish, it is the perfect lamp to pair with the custom reupholstered arm chair and to add warmth to our overall cool and calm lavender + grey palette.

image via
The bedroom is also coming together nicely with classic headboard and lady-elegant pillow inspired by Barbara Barry scored at HomeSense, sumptuous + luxe bedding from the Gluckstein Home collection, a mile long IKEA hack vanity with huge window, and say hello to this statement ceiling light.  


The whimsical and colorful trio of art by the talented Carol-Anne of Carococo are on their way and I can't wait for the framing process to begin! 


So what are you up to this spring weekend? DIY projects or updating your rooms? Love to hear from you! 

13 comments:

  1. You are so talented Tim. Honestly. I always seem to love what you do! This one is going to be a home run, that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice!! so happy to hear you like the ideas I put together for this place. I love it too .. it is soft, feminine, with a little fun. Happy Weekend!

      Delete
  2. Black and brass is a perfect marriage. I've been looking for a hammered brass knob like you have for my bedroom dresser but I couldn't find it anywhere. Would you mind sharing where I might be able to get the hammered knob? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops I think I just found it. Is it the Hammered Knobs & Pulls from Lee Valley? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Michelle they are from Lee Valleys! I love them and have used them in my own kitchen :)

      Delete
  4. Everything looks SO beautiful! I can't wait to see the final reveal of every detail. Thanks for the mention. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This rental is going to be so amazing, I can't wait to see how it all comes together. Knowing you, Tim, it will be a total stunner!!

    I just finished the guest room in the new condo (revealed on the blog today), and I can't wait for my Mom to enjoy it next weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! hopping over to check out your room :)

      Delete
  6. Great job, Tim! I love how the limited edition BILLYs look in the space - you've incorporated them so well! Bravo, Mr! Hope you've had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Will! Thanks to your sneak peek of the limited edition of BILLYs and they are looking mighty fine in the den! can't wait to have this stunner all wrapped up!

      Delete
  7. Oh wow! Coming together so beautifully:) I especially love Meurice, but then again, Jonathan Adler never disappoints! Looking forward to seeing the final reveal:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rocking it as usual Tim. YOu are amazing. Can't wait to see the WHOLE space!

    ReplyDelete