Friday, April 26, 2013

Project Rental: Accessories Fun with Indigo

Hello Friday! The weekend is once again upon us and I couldn't be more excited.  The weather is going to be gorgeous for the next few days and we are wrapping up the living room + the bedroom at Project Rental for a fun photo shoot!  I love this part of the decorating process where I get to accessorize and style the rooms + get behind the camera to capture the essence of the spaces.

Project Rental is more feminine and with more sparkles than my usual decorating approach.  The color palette for the living room is driven by soft lavender and complimented by warm grey, cream, and accented by pale yellow.  To accessorize the space, I am bringing in a few sensational pieces from Indigo.

I know I need to dress the counter/ breakfast bar area since it will be part of my overall shot of this open concept space.  I love the Audrey Teapot and Tea Cup set for its traditional line + feminine flair, while the clear glass construction gives it a more contemporary edge. Of course no tea party is completed without some delicious cherry blossom green tea and divine meringue (not to mention the pretty packaging).

For this tea party, we have a pair of these stoneware bowls in matte plum, classic cotton napkins in lilac, and this fun vase (reminded me of Jonathan Adler) + blooms.  For the final finishing touch, I am framing up two of these whimsical prints by Alanna Cavanagh.

images via Indigo/ artwork via Alanna Cavanagh
Now for the bedroom, I want to bring in hits of aqua and coral to tie-in with the accent colors we have via the prints by Carococo in the living room.  The bracelet collection at Indigo for spring is incredible! They certainly add luxe and glam to the bedroom.  A couple of journals as eye candies + a monogram mug for the bedside table.  Love the hints of black in the journal and the mug ... not sure if my idea of adding black will work in this serene bedroom (you haven't seen the glossy black side table I picked for the bedroom yet), but I think it adds depth and visual weight to this light and airy bedroom.  

A couple of finishing touches: a turquoise tote with a pebbled-embossed finish for one more splash of bright and a creamy blanket in an intricate diamond-weave pattern for instant cozy plush. 

images via Indigo
Anything caught your eyes this time? Indigo has most certainly stepped up their home department to a whole new level.   If you are looking for accessories to give your space a spring refresh, Indigo has got you covered!

2 comments:

  1. Im into all shades of blue but there something about the turquoise thats just so pretty and summery :)

    ReplyDelete