Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Inspiration: My Dream Home

Hello Hump Day! We are officially 1/2 way through the week and I am looking forward to a gorgeously warm and sunny weekend ahead.  With the Weather Man forecasting double digit temperature + full sun condition, I can't wait to spend the days outside and I envision the interior of my home to be bright and cheerful to reflect such happy, uplifting state of mind.

ELTE posted this picture with a question on facebook a few days ago asking "How would you decorate this stunning space?" and you know I am a total sucker of architectural details from the bygone era (not to mention this room is all white and check out that killer Juliet balcony!!), so I decided to take on the challenge to decorate my dream home in Paris!      

image via ELTE on facebook
My jumping off point is this sensational chandelier by Bocci.  It indulgences me with elegance and colors,  the perfect element to give my period space a modern edge.  Then I started sofa shopping and ended up with emmanuelle from Montauk for the ultra soft down filled cushions and its gracious curves/ profile.  The soft dove grey upholstery also offers me the ideal neutral backdrop for colors and patterns via pillows, drapes, artwork.

Inspired by Jen of Made of Girl (see this post), I want a Barcelona daybed in black for an instant hit of drama and a sharp contrast in this serene white room.  It is also going to be the ultimate sweet spot the moment you entered the room (yes my plan is to put it a few feet in front of the door) + maximizes seating capacity when entertaining.  I also love how this Tall Dixon table lamp by Thomas O'Brien pair with the Barcelona daybed: two instant classics from two different eras.  

A pair of chairs in front of the romantic balcony is what I have in mind, and the Coco High Back by Sarah Richardson is my go-to choice for its elegant curves and fashionable profile.  

image via 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6/ 7/ 8/ 9/ 10/ 11
With the big ticket items out of the way, it is time to pick the fun stuff.  To ground the space and add a touch of softness and luxury to the floor, I am going with this hand tufted cowhide rug in a super chic blue + white chevron motif from Rug USA.  It is called Serendipity ... now how perfect is that!  

My vision is to get a Carrara marble block coffee table and have searched everywhere over the internet for one.  No one is selling at the moment so I went with a pair of these stunners from 1stdibs.  I can put two of them together to form a long rectangular coffee table or left them as two square ones: loving the possibilities.  

Looking to add a touch of fun and whimsy to the space, I totally scored when I came across a pair of these gilded tassel side tables with marble top at 219.  LOVE THEM! 

Now for patterns and colors, I am obsessed with this contemporary floral from Caitlin Wilson Textile for a perfect blend of masculine & feminine quality (this will be my drapes), while the Les Touches in ink + cream from Brunschwig & Files offers me another shot of bold, graphic pattern (probably be using this to upholster the pair of Coco High Back).  Last but not least, I am once again drawn to Goldie by Jen at Cocoa & Hearts for its energy and I particularly love the hints of black and bright turquoise.    

Just as I thought I was done decorating the space, one more thought came to my mind: how about that wall with the door? Here is what I come up with for the space to the right of the door.  I know I have a bit of patterns and colours in the room already, so I opted for light and airy for this vignette.  A subtle yet fluid geometric number by Cole & Son, a pair of meurice wall sconces by Jonathan Adler, a white feather headdress from Snob, and the showstopper here is definitely this art deco lucite beauty from 1stdibs.  Divine? yes.  Spectacle of grace and style? DEFINITELY!!

image via 1234
Here you go, my approach on how to decorate this beautiful space.  Love to hear what you think and please do tell me how would you dress this stunning flat!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Tim! I may want to live with you en Paris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane! I so want to live in Paris!

      Delete
  2. wow I love what you put together, its gorgeous!! Totally my style. I would kill for a fantastic prewar with all those beautiful details and character

    Raiana Schwenker Design
    Rai Atelier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Raiana!! prewar .... wish we have them here in Toronto :)

      Delete
  3. Love all the items you chose Tim!!!
    A true dream home ...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That room is my type of dream house too. Your design board is so glam and fun. That pair of carrara cubes is to die for.

    ReplyDelete