Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Gus* Modern: Warehouse Sale Spring 2013

Happy Wednesday! Are you in the market for classic, contemporary furniture with an industrial flair that are manufactured locally with "green design" in mind?  Well, this Saturday is your lucky day because the annual Gus* Warehouse Sale is back! I was there for the past two years to assist my friends selecting the right pieces for their spaces.  You can read my own very of "Gus* Warehouse Sale Survival Guide" here and here.

If there is one important tip I have for you: GO EARLY.  Not 6am, not 7am, go line up no later than 5am if you want to be among the first in line.  

image via Gus* Modern
I won't be attending the sale this year, but I have secretly selected a few items for Chris' new home.  Well, that depends on him making the final decision on which development project to go for and when the building is ready to move in.  We are probably talking a couple of years down the road my friend.  Nonetheless, I truly believe these well designed and expertly constructed pieces at Gus* Modern will stand the test of time and be the perfect additions to Chris' new home.  

New condo often lacks of space, especially at the foyer/hallway.  This sleek Stanley Console table is super slim (only 10" deep) and the wall-mount design provides practical weight support without taking up additional floor space (since there are no back legs).  I am crazy about this rectangular recess: it is the perfect spot to dash the keys and letters, and keeps daily essentials at hand.

image via Gus* Modern
Another major item Chris will need is a sofa.  Yes it is true that I can almost furnish his entire place with the pieces I have accumulated at my Dad's basement.  It is shocking that I don't have an extra sofa!  Joking aside, this Harbord sofa is perfect thanks to its ingenious design that maximizes the versatility/ practicality of any small spaces.  I love the mid-century modern inspired details such as the tufted seats, the flanged arms, and the tapered walnut legs with stringers.  Whether it is a sectional for the ultimately lounging experience or a two-piece arrangement for cozy conversation with friends, Harbord does it all!

image via Gus* Modern
Chris will also need a bed.  He may not agree with me on an upholstered bed, but I just love the Carmichael Bed!  Featuring a fully upholstered headboard, footboard, and side rails, this bed combines traditional and contemporary sensibilities into one clean line, classic design.  What I also love about the Carmichael series is how well the design lends itself to bright, happy upholstery.  Love this cheerful yellow and the styling of this shot.  I am crazy about that dark grout + white subway tile backdrop.

image via Gus* Modern
Good luck to all of you who are planning to attend the annual Gus* Modern Warehouse Sale.  Please do come back and let me know what you have brought home!

2 comments:

  1. I like that table for my entry. Usually modern is not my thing but the scale of that table is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the designs.I as can see these furnitures are look really Comfortable,trendy and simply.In Finland they have also a kind of simply furniture but quite expensive.anyway great article.

    ReplyDelete