Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Spring Preview: HomeSense Edition

Happy Wednesday!  Are you enjoying the bright sunny blue sky for the past few days?  After a few months of cold, wet, grey winter,  it is definitely a treat to have such beautiful weather in March to jump start a happy, cheerful spring!  With the clock sets to fast forward by an hour this weekend, I think we are ready to say goodbye to winter and welcome spring with open arms.

I visited the HomeSense showroom a few weeks ago to have a little sneak peek of what is to come in spring/summer 2013 and let me tell you, the truly amazing collection is an absolute stunner!!  From bold, vibrant primary colors to soft, serene pastel hues, the visual team has put together five fabulous looks to inspire a little re-decorating at our home.


Look #1 is all about bold colors and how to pair them to create a dynamic space.  From standout luxurious rugs, delightful side tables with a moroccan flair, to stylish and super comfortable sofas, each piece deserves to be the star of the show, and together they have made one sizzling hot blockbuster!  Don't believe me? Check out the attention to detail and high style inspired by top interior designers.    


My personal favourite from this collection is definitely this pair of graphic pillows with a slight retro vibe.  A little houndstooth, a little groovy chevron, and all done in soft pastels, how can I resist such fun filled creations?


Look #2 is all about soft colors, feminine decorative details, and more is definitely more.  From the rosy hue on the bedding, the romantic striped euro sham with ruffle, to light and breezy sheer drapery panels with embroidery details, this sumptuous bedroom vignette has immediately transported me to a cozy retreat in Tuscany, ready for my summer romance.


The creamy mosaic mirror with super chic black accent, the crisp white bench at the foot of the bed, and the beautifully styled bookcases with pastel accessories, what is not to love in this collection? 


Summer BBQ with friends and family is one of my favourite summer activities, and HomeSense is determined to make it a truly memorable experience. More than just your go-to source for furnishings, HomeSense also carries a wide selection of chef worthy products including gourmet ketchups, sparkling lemonade from France, and delicious sea food soups straight from the harbour.  Of course I am banana crazy about this rope pendant, and I am sure Chris is in love with this stainless steel cooking central + solid counter.     


I usually shy away from using red on the walls, but this delicious tomato red grass cloth has rocked my world.  It is the perfect hue of red to up our appetites; an energize backdrop to showcase the cheerful art collection, and a gorgeous partner to the indoor/outdoor bar in espresso.  I must say I love, love, LOVE this wire pendant in brass for its contemporary spin of a traditional design.      


Pool party is at the top of everyone's must-do list during those hot, sticky, humid days in the summer.  Whether you are looking for quiet sun bathing for two, an intimate dinner for four, or a friend-filled party in the backyard, HomeSense has got you covered via high style furnishings, sun/water proof decorative pillows, good quality beach towels, and check out this impactful feature wall decorated with plates!


The glassware in every shade from the rainbow looks smashing against the crisp white kitchen, while I still can't believe my eyes that the rope chandelier, intricate dining table, and the sophisticated chair set are soon available at HomeSense.  Time to start the furniture and lighting hunt I would say!


No room is completed without artwork and for this spring/summer season, HomeSense will turn that blank white wall at our homes into an instant gallery.  Classic and sophisticated, here is a small sample of what you can expect to see at your local HomeSense this season.  These professionally framed sailboat prints reminds me of the luxurious Ralph Lauren Home showroom in ABC carpet, and I am now officially obsessed with this white coral, charcoal grey linen, + natural wood shadow box madness.  I WANT IT!        


Thanks HomeSense for bringing us such incredible products from around the world!  Spring is just around the corner, and perhaps it is time to say hello to a refreshingly new look to our homes.  Just as this little fella, I am ready to shop til I drop.  Are you?  

9 comments:

  1. so so so much to love! the mosaic mirror = fabulous. that artwork is amazing, I'm crossing my fingers that we get some at our store. great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on the hunt of that mirror too! Did you find that peacock mirror Julie?

      Delete
  2. Obviously I will be doing a lot of perusing this spring, adding HomeSense to my list of stops :) Thanks Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see some pretty things that will have to come home with me. the coral in the shadow box is a must for the new ensuite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right? I am on a look out of that one too!

      Delete
  4. Wow, so many stunning pieces!!!
    And the drawer lining is really great! I think this could be a good DIY :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEED that bench from Look #2--i'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just know I'm a fan of Vibrant Delights! Seriously, all those blocks of colour are just perfect for me! Great round up as usual, Mr!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many pretty things to look at! My favorite is look #1 because I am a big JA fan! Adore that white mirror with the black trim, by the way.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete