Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Preview: Andrew Richard Design

Hello Wednesday! Don't you just love waking up to a beautiful, bright blue sky? I do, and that was exactly what I got this morning.  After a couple of days of storm warning + constant wet flurries + strong wind, I am more than ever ready to welcome spring and looking forward to the summer!

I love lounging outside with my favourite magazines, enjoying a refreshing cold drink, and saying hello to the sun in summer.  Living in a condo right downtown means my outdoor living space is limited.  To make my balcony feels more like a "backyard", I added faux grass last year.  For this year, I am itching for a new set of outdoor furniture, perhaps in a lighting colour instead of the espresso brown I have had for a good seven years.

When it comes to outdoor living/entertaining, Andrew Richard Design is the place I look for inspiration and today, I want to share with you a few of my favourites from their 2013 Collection.    

image via Andrew Richard Designs
Inspired by his daughter Grace, Andrew re-imagined a traditional silhouette and enlivened it with curved, angled detailing for an extra glamorous flair.  This light-hearted line features high backs and  thin, delicate frames, it exudes elegance, and offers luxurious and deep seating comfort in high style.  My friend in Florida has a lovely pool and a little bar area, I think the Vista is perfect for the task.  Made with 100% weather-proof materials (YES, including the foam cushion), these pieces are made to stay outdoor all year round with minimal maintenance.  Now THAT is music to my ear.       

image via Andrew Richard Designs
The 2013 Collection is all about escaping to the sea on a lavish European cruise, having a fabulous time in laidback style.  Tuscany is definitely one of the places I have yet to cross off on my must-visits, and before that trip takes flight, here is a taste of Italy right at home.  Thanks Andrew!   

image via Andrew Richard Designs
Of course I am obsessed with the outdoor furniture collection curated by Sarah Richardson and yes, the full collection is available at Andrew Richard Designs.  Just check out this gorgeous home with cedar shingles, magnificent architectural details with a full wall of windows and french doors, stately cast iron lantern style outdoor lighting, and of course the sophisticated Open Arm and Tuxedo furniture for an effortlessly elegant look. 

image via Andrew Richard DesignsSarah Richardson Design
I am considering a pair of chairs + sofa or a pair of chaises for a balcony update this year.  Can't quite decide yet on which direction to go, but I am loving this Tub chair and would love to have it in snow white or dove grey!

image via Andrew Richard Designs/ Sarah Richardson Design
That's right folks, the fully collection at Andrew Richard Designs comes with 16 delicious colors to look after your design needs.  Whether you are looking for a classic, timeless aesthetic or vibrant urban chic, one of these 16 colors will surely suit your taste.    

image via Andrew Richard Designs
Now if you are looking for natural wood furnishing instead of the solartex weave construction, Andrew has you covered as well with an exciting collection that combines natural beauty with sleek industrial designs.  Take Vista and Vintage for example, made of broad slats of reclaimed teak and an aluminum powder coated base, each of these streamlined pieces is unique with its own colorand patern variations.  These furniture pieces will develop a beautiful silvery grey patina over time, and are made to withstand the harsh Canadian elements.  Sun, rain, frost, and snow, bring it on! 
image via Andrew Richard Designs
Looking ahead into 2014, Andrew is planning a totally exciting collection to take indoor out.  Imagine having your comfy upholstered sofa sitting outdoor all year round.  That's right, fully upholstered chairs and sofas are happening at Andrew Richard Designs in 2014!  
So are you in the market to update your patio set? I would love to hear which look you desire.  If you are in the Toronto area, be sure to check out their spacious and inspirational showroom.  Production is right in Toronto as well and turn around time for custom pieces ranges from 60 to 90 days.  Happy shopping everyone! 

4 comments:

  1. With warmer weather just around the corner, this is wonderful inspiration. Love that the furniture comes in a variety of colors. Thrilled to find and follow your blog this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are great!! I love the pink cushions on the tub chair! I hope you're well Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Tuscany collection. Only wish I had a larger backyard to suit it! Was great seeing you here and there lately, Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! Don't you just love the new collection? So many to choose, not enough space!!

    @jen, great catching up with you and yes, a coffee date in your hood is up next! Maybe to combine with a field trip to Target once it is restocked!

    ReplyDelete