Monday, March 18, 2013

Inspiration: Will of Bright Bazaar

Happy Monday!  Did you enjoy the bright and sunny weekend? Yes the air might be a little chilly, but nothing makes me happier than a sunny blue sky after months of grey and clouds.    Chris and I are finally back to normal after we caught that deadly flu/cold virus exactly a month ago.  And what did we do you wonder? Gym dates on both Saturday and Sunday (I know, crazy us) and we checked out a few pre-development projects in Kitchener/Waterloo area since Chris is looking to buy a place.

Nothing is more nerve-racking in a relationship than a die-hard decorator and an absolute practical engineer try to agree on floor plan layout and decor finishes.  The words "No Chandelier" have been buzzing in my brain as Chris continues his attempt to hypnotize me.  Just as you think I would listen to my partner (it is his place after all), well I've gone nuts and ordered this stunning beauty right in front of him.  

My Europe brother, Will of Bright Bazaar, has moved into his new spacious flat last year with his partner, and the decorating process has been an absolute blast!  Will's work, design aesthetic, and his wisdom on social media have been my daily inspiration.  Today, I want you all to meet the talented Mr. Bazaar.

image via Bright Bazaar's Instagram
I fell in love with Bright Bazaar in 2011 when I stumbled upon an eye-catching image with illustration and text description, which I thought was a scanned image off a magazine.  As it turned out, it was one of Will's "Three Ways" posts, and I knew I was hooked.  I love how Will articulates the reasons why the inspirational space + the design elements catch his sharply trained eyes, and how you can achieve the look in your own home.  Here is a rustic, colorful, and industrial home office I HEART.  

image via Bright Bazaar
Will has also been invited to many blogger events to share his insights and secrets to success on blogging and how to build a unique and distinct brand.  Here are five important tips you need to know to rock the social media world:  

image via Bright Bazaar
Now this makes me really jealous: Will was invited to check out the making of IKEA catalog right at Sweden and was behind the camera to shot one of the rooms!  The behind-the-scene footage Will shared with us was so much fun and the room he took pictures of was just perfect for Will.  Yes, Will and I are both obsessed with whimsy polka dots.

image via Bright Bazaar
Will is top notch in styling, photographing, and content editing/illustration.  But he is also a handy chap with lots of skills under his belt.  Check out Mr. Bazaar getting hands-on with the sewing machine to lend a personal touch to his cheerfully bright stripped curtains.

image via Bright Bazaar
Want to know how to paint a perfect feature wall EVERY TIME? No problem, Mr. Bazaar has got you covered with 5 simple easy steps here

image via Bright Bazaar
Will is also a top bargain hunter at Home Barn (I so want that vintage blue print the perfect nautical touch ... Will you better take me there next time when I come for a visit!) and a pastry chef in the kitchen!  These croissants look super delicious don't they? I want one please!

image via Bright Bazaar
Just as you think things can't get more exciting, Will is coming up with The Bright Bazaar Book! I can't wait for the book to be published and will definitely have Mr. Bazaar autographed it for me.  For a preview of how bright and colorful this beautifully curated book will be, check out this fun video



Before I wrap up today's post, I also want to take this opportunity say Thank You to Will for his daily inspiration, gift + card for Christmas, post card from Stockholm, and especially for his friendship.  I can't wait to see you, Mr. T, and Igor in Munich this Christmas!  

image via Bright Bazaar
Mr. Bazaar has just turned 26 last week (what a brilliantly talented fireball I am telling you) and I am honoured to be included in his birthday post.  Happy Birthday once again to you MR. and thanks so much for including me in your special birthday post!     

image via Bright Bazaar

5 comments:

  1. Hi Tim, where would I find that contemporary light (dare I say, ahem, "chandelier") that you purchased? Does it have a name?

    Mark (happy owner of that SR table and banquette thanks to you).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, thanks so much for introducing us to Will - what an extra talented guy. I'll be poring over his blog to catch up on some great ideas & inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second that question!!! IN HEART with that chandelier!!! Would you please share your secret source? :)
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent tips from an obviously talented young man! Great post, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Tim. It was really kind of you to write this post, your generous words brought a big smile to my face. I'm lucky to have you as a blogging pal. Roll on December! Hugs!

    P.S. I'm so pleased you guys are feeling better! xo

    ReplyDelete