Monday, March 11, 2013

Inspiration: Christine of Bijou and Boheme

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a great sunny, spring-like weekend.  It was beautiful in Toronto.  The patios were opened, spring blooms flooded the local markets, and High Park was full of life.  Chris and I spent our afternoon in High Park yesterday.  The idea of sitting on the bench with the warm rays shining right on us, taking in all the gorgeousness spring brings was just what we needed after months of cold and grey.

Talking about being inspired, the talented and beautiful Christine of Bijou and Boheme constantly inspires me with her signature application of pink, black, and gold.  Just as I thought I have seen the best room dressed in such delicate & dramatic palette, Christine is ready to strike another home run again. Ladies and Gents, we are getting inspired by Christine today.

image via Bijou and Boheme
I kid you not when I said Christine is one fearless trend setter, who has a very special talent in mixing all things glam, luxe, and may I borrow the word from Martyn Lawrence Bullard: DELICIOUS, from the past few decades to create these eclectic spaces with a healthy dose of feminine beauty, while not turning off the male population.  Now THAT is not an easy task.  Here is a couple of idea boards I love from Christine's e-design page: 

image via Bijou and Boheme
My absolute favourite of it all is this glorious living room with beautiful panel moulding, out of this world elegant two tier chandelier, the mirrored side tables, the gorgeous feet of the sofa that look like Prada heels, the hits of gold via floor lamp, stools, and drapery hardware, and of course Christine's signature pink infusion via a pair of sumptuous table lamps (check out the brass base!!), the bouquet of peonies, and the modern artwork by Jenny Anderson of My Favourite and My Best.  Christine also runs an etsy shop where you can purchase an original art painted by Christine herself.  Yes that's right, Christine also paints! What can't this woman do I'm telling you. 

image via Bijou and Boheme
While busy working on e-design projects for clients and bringing us glam inspiration daily on Bijou and Boheme, Christine is also working overtime to put together this fabulous nursery to welcome the new member to her family.  OMG is right ... this room totally stuck in my head for the past few days and I just have to share a sneak peek with you.  Who wouldn't want to live in this room? And if what they say about baby only sees the colors black + white is true, well ... this baby is one lucky boy!! 

image via Bijou and Boheme
The little one will be joining the family real soon and Christine looks absolutely stunning in these shots photographed by the talented Jodi Renee.  Some of you might have seen my Instagram pic a week or so ago on a package from Dwell Studio and wondered what was in the box.  Well ... the surprise item is now on its way to Christine!   Hope you like it C!

image via Bijou and Boheme, courtesy of Jodi Renee
You see, many of the fabulous pieces Christine used in her design ideas are one of a kind treasures or new productions not available in the conventional brick and mortar stores.  219 is a fantastic online shopping destination where the two beautiful and talented owners bring us sensational furnishings, lighting, and accessories to create a standout space in our home like no others.  Here are a few of my favourite picks from the shop:

image via 219
What do you think? Loving the pink, black, and gold palette and can't wait to try that in your own home? I am!

Happy Monday to you all.

13 comments:

  1. TIM!!!! I can't even speak...you are beyond amazing...totally at a loss for words over this post. I can't thank you enough and trust me, I feel completely the same way about you and your incredible talent. Thank you for being such an amazing friend- feel very lucky to know you. And PS, how excited am I about that Dwell box? VERY!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww... thanks C! I've told you I was inspired by your nursery and wanting to move right in! Can't wait to see it all done and bb J to arrive!

      Delete
  2. she's amazing, truly amazing. I love following along and seeing all that she does. lovely post, Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto on the design crush. I love her style....definitely inspires. Just like your stuff too... you're another design crush of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great feature, Tim. Christine's style has been one of my favourites. Her pink glass chandeliers in her kitchen are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Christine & Boheme, her blog is so inspiring!!!
    And this white mirror from 219 is jsut gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree. I love almost everything she has done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty things! I feel like with spring approaching I just want lots of color in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love her use of pink!! I want to see that dwell gift you sent... so curious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great post, so many wonderful things. Following on Bloglovin.

    Ali of

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i know hey ... I just love Christine and her confidence with her vision. Pink, black, and gold is not an easy palette to pull off and she nailed it every single time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tim, I had to join in the comments and express my love for Christine. Not only is she trendsetter but she is an amazingly kind soul and one of the hardest working people I know. She inspires me daily.
    All my best, xo,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't she amazing? Love that woman I am telling you! Now I just wish that my Chris is just like Christine ... so I just have to go home and enjoy!

      Delete