Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Table Fun

Happy Wednesday! Remember I've told you I have something super exciting to share with you today? The folks at the One of A Kind Show has asked me to create an Easter table setting for the Media Preview Breakfast this morning with bunny being the star!  I am honoured, excited, and nervous at the same time.  To tell you the truth, I don't usually decorate for Easter.  So the fact that I have to tackle a new topic, and it will be "viewed" by the media, which includes professionals in the design industry, makes it a little nerve wracking for me.

To embrace the challenge and determined to come up with a tablescape that stands out from the typical pastel, adorable Easter look, I call my first ever Easter table: Organic Bunny Chic!      

Inspired by the beautiful blooms and their vibrant colors in spring, this bright Easter table scape is all about embracing the diversity of colors, textures, and captivating its audience through the layering of one of a kind treasures & unique items to stunning effect.  The look is organic yet refined, whimsical yet sophisticated.

image via 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6/ 7/ 8/ 9
I will show you the fun behind-the-scene bits and the final table scape on Friday.  For today, I have put together a couple of Easter table ideas from two of my favourite stores.  First up is Indigo and my jumping off point is this bunny salt and pepper set.  Absolutely adorable but not childish, now that is why I love this pair.  Then we need to pick some colours and I have put together two palettes for your reference.  Cheerful coral or elegant indigo blue, the choice is yours.  But wait, now that I am looking at this one more time, maybe you can even combine the coral and inky blue for an eclectic collaboration! 

image via Indigo
West Elm is next and this is Easter bachelor style!  I love how the many shades of blue mingle with preppy pinks and natural wood.  Imagine this: a line of these tranquil blue vases in the middle of your table + colorful, hand-crafted paper tulips, wooden eggs filled with sweet treats, and bright hand towels as napkins for an extra shot of happiness.  Don't forget the chairs, and I have got the right look just for you. 

image via west elm
The One of a Kind Show is now on until March 31.  The Spring show showcases over 450 artisans working in various mediums including glass, ceramics, textile, and wood.  You can also check out my Easter table set in the gallery area along side with the items from artisans participating the Bunny Challenge.

image via One of A Kind Show
We have four winners today and each gets a pair of tickets to the show.  Lily, Sharon, Dharma, and Linda, please send me your email contact here and I will send you the information to redeem the tickets.  I still have 6 more pairs of tickets to giveaway, so leave me a message and you will be going to the show this weekend! The remaining winners will be announced on Friday.

11 comments:

  1. Love this roundup! Great ideas. The 'Organic bunny chic' had me at hello :)

    Easter snuck up on me this year, so my decor consists of this DIY paint chip easter egg garland: http://thesweetestdigs.com/2013/03/27/the-diy-files-a-paint-chip-easter-egg-garland/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the organic bunny chic moodboard. You, sir, are so talented. I can't wait to see more! Congrats on this great opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tim...

    Indigo blue has always been my fav. color but never thought of combing it with the colorful coral, love it!!! I think it will look perfect for my white kitchen marble top.

    Hope to see you at the show!

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tea cup set. I am sure my mom will like it. It will be a great birthday gift idea for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the polka dots! I can't seem to get enough of them. Congrats on a terrific table design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to win tickets for my mom and her sister to check out the show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the colorful polka dots as a styling idea for the Easter table!! I am actually making an Easter brunch for P and myself but haven't had time to think of the tablesetting yet...oy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo! This is so beautiful, your boards are lovely. Tickets please!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your all Easter Tables because all are very nice and attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh - I tried to leave a commentthe first time you posted the contest but was usibng my cell and it clearly didint work. Would love to win 2 tix as am redcorating for our new baby and need cute things

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh and your original question was what do i want to check out at the show - baby decor but also art. I want to freshen up my spring decor with art!

    ReplyDelete