Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Special: Organic Bunny Chic + OOAK Love List

Happy Good Friday!  A bit of a late start for me today, as I was on over-drive for the last couple of weeks on work/projects, and I stayed up really late last night to chat with Chris (my lucky boyfriend is in Germany right now having a blast and due to timing difference, it seems like we can only get a hold of each other at 2 am).

So did you go to the One of A Kind Show last night for a little late night shopping?  The spring show this year is an absolute success and I spied via twitter that the Direct Energy Centre is at full capacity as we speak!  With hundreds of Artisans showcasing their handmade fashionable goods for both your home and wardrobe, there is something for everyone and I am now in love with a few of the items myself as well.

Before I share with you what I want to bring home from the show, here is the reveal of my Easter Tablescape for the One of A Kind Show!

image via One of A Kind Show
Bunny is the only requirement I got from the show and I was delighted to have found this super adorable salt and pepper pair from Indigo.  The jumping off point for my palette is definitely this table runner I made out of wrapping paper.  I am obsessed with polka dots (in case this is not clear to you yet) and the watercolor effect just makes me happy.  Remember this tranquil bedroom by Sarah Richardson? It was love at first sight for me and check out those polka dot pillows!! 

photo credit: Stacey Brandford courtesy of Renovation Style
With such colorful and dramatic backdrop, I decided to go neutral (i.e. white, grey, and natural wood) for most of the accessories and accentuate the set with pale neon coral.  I love how my vintage vase is all dressed up by a bright & sharp bow tie, a delightful tea cup set with a lily of the valley print, the rose gold flatware and how they echo the gold rims on the tea cup/ saucer, and of course the super fun confetti card and "Enjoy!" rubber stamp from The Penny Paper Co.  Thanks Lindsay for adding an extra special touch to my table!  

Lindsay also put together an Easter table design for the show, and it is full of family traditional charm.  Love how cozy, relaxed, and inviting your table looks Lindsay!  You can have a look at our table designs at OOAK show & tell blog.    

image via One of A Kind Show
Want a little behind-the-scene fun of how I put this table together? This was how my vision came to life and a big thank you to my dear friend M for all her help.  This poor woman sat on the floor for a good 5 mins to put the bow tie on the vase for me, and all these fun shots were captured by M!  Couldn't have done it without you! 


I was over the moon excited when the show contacted me to let me know that Breakfast Television was at the show and the two table designs were featured!  I was totally doing the happy dance, and you can check out the segment here.  


I wasn't kidding when I told you this spring show is incredible, check out these simple, serene, and refined home fashion must-haves.  I have been a big fan of Renaud Sauve of Ateliers Des Cent-Ans (Booth: E-06) ever since I spotted his booth at OOAK Winter Show 2011.  I contacted Renaud immediately after I was told that "bunny" is the theme for the spring show and included this chic bunny bowl in my design.  Organic sensibility is what I am drawn to at the moment and these printed table linens and canvas bag (aka chic planter) from bookhoo (Booth: I-09) are just what I need for my own home.

Spring is truly in the air (it will be above 10C tomorrow and sunny ... I am going to High Park for sure), and I want this cheerful poppy pillow from Sarah Smile (Booth: M-21) right now!

image via 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6
The OOAK show also looks after our wardrobe needs and these are my top picks from the spring show.  Nothing makes an outfit comes to life more so than a standout bow tie.  This special item, once reserved only for special occasion, is celebrating a huge come back and has transformed itself into a stylish stable for everyday attire.  Handsome and Lace (Booth: L-04) has a wide selection of bow tie available and these two styles are my personal favourites.  

Ahh ... the tote bag.  It has become my daily companion, and this graphic yet calming beauty from bookhou with triangle prints + tan colored waxed canvas base is just what I need when I go shopping.  Want to turn heads when you walk into Starbucks with your Mac? Well, you have got to check out C Comme Ca (Booth: K-06) to give your MacBook and iPad a complete makeover.  I love the softness of merino wool felt and how good it looks against the stripped shoulder strap and bright leather detail. 

image via 1/ 2/ 3
Cards and stationeries are always on top of my must-check list and this spring, I am blown away by these "snappy" creations by Flakes Paperie.  Each of these irresistible pieces is hand screen-printed by Ashley and her designers with lots of love and care.  Don't you just adore this doggie birthday card? It just puts a big smile on my face.  

image via Flakes Paperie
There you have it, my short list of what to check out this weekend at OOAK.  My dear friend and fellow blogger, Jennifer of Rambling Renovators, will be at the main stage on Sunday at 1pm to share her ideas on how to give your home a spring refresh with one of a kind treasures.  I surely won't miss it! 

image via One of A Kind Show
One last thing, the winners of the remaining 6 pairs of tickets to the One of A Kind Show this weekend are:  Joseph, Diana, Jen, Karen, Ava, and Michelle.  Please email me here with your email contact and I will send you the tickets right the way.  Hope to see you all there!

One last look of my first ever Easter creation: Organic Bunny Chic, and Happy Easter to you all!


4 comments:

  1. Tim! Your table is amazing and HOW fabulous is your idea to make the table runner using wrapping paper!? I just love that. No hassle clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Easter table setting and what a brilliant idea to dress up a vase with bow tie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had so much fun on this little adventure. You knocked it out of the park with this table setting!
    xo
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! It was so much fun putting together the table and I am so happy that it turned out better than expected! xoxo

    ReplyDelete