Monday, February 11, 2013

Style at Home: Valentine's Day Special

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a blast, literally, on Friday with over 20 cm of whiteness landed on our ground.  Chris and I had a great afternoon on Saturday walking through High Park, and soaking in what Mother Nature offered us.   I particularly love the outdoor after a thick layer of snow (here are my snow white adventures in NYC and Midland), it feels magical, enchanted, and well ... romantic.   Speaking about romance, Valentine's Day is just around the corner and if you haven't made much progress in finding the perfect gift yet, Style at Home has got you covered with many fantastic ideas from 8 categories: Celebrate, Decor, Sweets, Cards, Romance, Gifts, Cookies, and Crafts.  

image via Style at Home
I am no chef in the kitchen department and totally clueless when it comes to baking.  I attempted to bake cookies for Chris a couple of years back and it was a disaster.  It started off with one of those "cookies in a box": all I needed to do was to put the packages of ingredients together and put them in the oven.  Piece of cake right? NO! Well to all fairness, the cookies would have turned out as promised if yours truly didn't decide to add a little Bailey's to the mixture.  Who knew a little delicious Bailey's could be so destructive!  Anyhoo, I am ready to try baking again and for this Valentine's Day, I will try this chocolate cookie recipe from Style at Home:  

image & recipe via Style at Home
For those of you who use the oven as storage (I am guilty as charged as well), these "XOXO" chocolate sandwiches and bright red dessert cups may just do the trick without pre-heating the oven.  I would love to come home to these delicious and stylish gifts (hint hint Chris).

image via Style at Home
I've never really considered myself as the hopeless romantic type but today, I simply fell in love with these super adorable pillow cases + this most romantic passage.   Don't we all want to hear this message at the receiving end?  

image via Style at Home
So are you ready for Valentine's Day? Love to hear what's your favourite Valentine's Day gifts.  Big Thank You to Style at Home for all the fabulous ideas!  Before I send you shopping and baking for Valentine's Day, here is a couple of my favourite shots from High Park.  Cheers!


7 comments:

  1. I loved your Instagrams of all your fun in the snow over the weekend - I felt like I was right there with you guys! Those dipped hearts are very sweet, thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Will! wouldn't it be fun if you and Mr. T were there with us?

      Delete
  2. VDay is totally sneaking up on me! My Mom used to create the sweetest little gifts for me and my sister on this day; and, she'd pack a lovely little treat and note in our lunch kits for school. Such fond memories.
    Cheers, A.
    Ps. Those instagram shots are lovely, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Amy ... that's so sweet! VDay wasn't big in my family but my Dad did pick up some roses for my mom one year and that still puts a big smile on my face: my dad picked one color per rose ... that's right rainbow roses for VDay! hehehe

      Delete
  3. Eek...you're reminding me that Valentine's is right around the corner- need to get my bumb in gear on that front. Love the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing the love! Let me know how those cookies turn out (I'm sure they will be delicious!). Love to see your fun in the snow. I'm pretty sad to see the rain wash it all away so quickly. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine for the fab ideas! Cookies baking tomorrow night ... wish me luck!

      Delete