Monday, February 18, 2013

Style At Home: Family Day Special

Happy Family Day!  I hope you all are enjoying the long weekend with your family, and yes a lot of the white stuff on the ground.  Chris and I are up north at Collingwood at one of our favourite Bed and Breakfast spots, Wild Apple Hill BnB, where we get pampered by Coral, the warm-hearted and energetic hostess (aka our grandma up north), with her super delicious signature breakfast and charmingly delightful hospitality.

While Chris and I are still going into the Blue Mountain Village for a little ice skating before returning to Toronto, today is the perfect time to share this gorgeous family home of 5 featured in the March Issue of the Stylet at Home Magazine.          

image via Style at Home
Now you may recall to have seen this serene home before, and that is because it was featured in the "Our Home" series here and Erin has done a walk-through on Steven & Chris here.  My dear friend M has done an amazing job decorating her family home and I was thrilled to help pull the look together.  Don't you just love this beautiful kitchen, dining, and family room open concept space? It is certainly high in style and is designed with kid-friendlyness in mind.

image via Style at Home
Behind-the-scene footage is always fun and I am truly thankful for the opportunity to observe and learn from the Donna and Ann Marie of their top secrets in styling and photography tricks + techniques during the photo shoot.


Proper lighting and equipment of course play a significant role in capturing the stunning shots, but so does the photographer's keen eyes on that perfect angle and compilation via the lens.  These are my attempts during the shoot.  What do you think? I actually quite like the shot with my preppy striped socks at the background for a whimsical moment.  


The March Issue also featured the kids' bedrooms up on the second floor, and if you are wondering just how much work was involved to produce the images on these glossy pages, these two lights should give you a hint.

image via Style at Home
Now before I leave you to enjoy the holiday monday, here is what I am cooking up for M's master bedroom makeover with shimmery silver, sparkly Murano glass, luxe gilded gold, silky royal blue, and of course the decadent emerald green in their full glory.  I am so excited about this transformation and would love to hear what you think!


Happy Family Day!

1 comment:

  1. Love the design board you put together for the master bedroom. Where could I find the emerald glass knob? They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete