Monday, February 4, 2013

Store Alert: Be My Valentine

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend.  I was in Waterloo and had the most magical moment taking a walk with Chris in the park, with light snow flakes landing on my chin and a ray of the sun spotted us as it came through the cloud.  I don't know about you, but that simply put me right in a romantic Valentine's Day mood.

With the most romantic day of the year just around the corner (just one more weekend before the day arrives), it is time for me to share my favourite picks for this special occasion.

Indigo has really stepped up their game with home decor/accessories and stationery.  I love the notion of this love letter bottle: simplistic idea with a whole lot of charm.  You don't have to put this in the ocean in hope your beloved will receive it across the pond, why not filling the tub with relaxing bath salts and have this floating in the bath? 

Rifle Paper Co., I am telling you there isn't a thing they do I don't go head over heel crazy about.  Check out these super fun and charming post cards!  You know what, why not send a Valentine's Day note to all your family and friends?  I may have to send a few of these over to Europe!

This whimsy scarf maybe more suited for the ladies, but I just love that the little hearts look like they were "sketched" on the ultra soft wool.  The daring side of me says add it to my wardrobe, but the "play-safe" side of me says: perhaps turn this scarf into a pillow?  

via 1/ 2/ 3
Now that you have picked the gift for your valentine, we need to look into how to package it.  This "Key to My Heart" gift tag is just the extra special touch to express your love to your other half.  I am also big on re-usable bags.  These delightful printed canvas bags are ideal alternatives to traditional gift wrapping, and all the better for our planet.

A plain gift box can also be brought to life with some help from this blue clouds and hearts Washi tape. LOVE it!

via 1/ 2/ 3
All the romantic talks also makes me itching to add a touch of pink in my bedroom.  Chris has obviously raised his red flag and said "WHAT? Pink? Floral?".  My idea is to use pink in small doses and have it balanced off with warm white, luxe muted gold, and hits of deep inky blue.  Here are my building blocks: the phoenix dhurrie from West Elm, the navy fleur chinosie from Caitlin Wilson Textile, and the beautiful art work by Jen Ramos of Cocoa & Hearts.

image via 1/ 2/ 3
Have you picked up your Valentine's Day gift yet? What is your favourite this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment