Monday, January 7, 2013

Winter Getaway: Midland & Blue Mountain

Happy Monday! Did you have a fantastic time off? I sure did and I am still trapped in my dream vacay illusion.  Obviously I am totally not ready to get myself back to reality just yet, so today I am sharing with you my fun winter getaway.


If you are in the Midland area and looking for a cozy spot to relax, unwind, and rejuvenate, Bluebird Meadows Bed & Breakfast is quaint, charming: a perfect country retreat for two or a small group of friends.


I totally lucked out for a beautiful sunny sky after lots of white fluffy snow flakes landed in the evening.  


And you know what 15 cm of fresh snow means? Perfect time for snowshoeing, especially with my dear friend Timothy came all the way from Amsterdam to join us for some fun!


Have you played "Tag" snowshoe style?

 

Another highlight of my mini vacay was a visit to the Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain.  What a complete relaxation treat! 


Surely I was obsessed with the outdoor hot and cold baths, but the interior of the spa also caught my eyes.  Here are a few of my favourite elements: 


Thanks Chris for a very thoughtful birthday gift: a super relaxing mini vacation away from home.  It was exactly what I needed to get myself ready for a very busy 2013! 




Thanks guys for all the fun and laughters! You are the BEST!


4 comments:

  1. looks like fun! i head out there in february and look forward to that spa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! I will be sure to give the Bluebird Meadows a try next time I am in the area. Happy belated birthday, Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snowshoe tag? Mr, you are KILLING me; it looks super! Also, I love that Winter Oasis shot - dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was your birthday? Happy Birthday Tim!!! What a fabulous spot to get away to, and that SUN! Wish we saw more of it here :)

    HUgs

    ReplyDelete