Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Store Alert: HomeSense January 2013 Edition

Happy Wednesday! Time truly flies and I can't believe we are officially 1/2 way through January already! Lots of excitement and anticipation are mounting up for an inspiring IDS 2013 next week from The Party, Professional Trade Day, to Globe Style Saturday and House & Home Sunday.  The best of the best in the design industry will take part at IDS and trust me, you won't want to miss it!    For a couple of highlights from IDS 2011 and 2012, check this and this out.

While IDS 2013 is still a week away, I am already feeling inspired! Today, I want to share with you three color palettes I am currently obsessed with and how we can achieve the look with a little help from HomeSense.

image via 1/ 2 
They didn't pick a deep blue diamond as the "Ocean of the Heart" in the movie Titanic for no reason.  Though not as "eye catchy" as race car red, the richness and intensity of royal blue demand attention and captivate/connect with the audience at a much deeper level.  As illustrated in the inspirational shots, the best way to introduce this decadent color to your space is through accent pieces (i.e. rug, artwork, small size furnishings) and to partner it with lots of white.

From faux bamboo mirror, smooth velvet occasional chair with nailhead details, home accessories and lighting from Ralph Lauren Home, to sleek A-frame table and graphic chevron dhurrie, these gorgeous items from HomeSense are guaranteed to instantly up the luxe factor in your own home. 


For a jaw-dropping, bold, and vibrant sensation, nothing beats the color palette of luscious mandarin and mysterious ink.  I absolutely love this bedroom thanks to the pops of vibrant orange, and how the brightness of the orange juxtaposes against the quietness of matte black.  Of course I am also banana crazy about the white accents such as the wall covering hardware, the mirror, and the Chippendale styled bench.

image via
To achieve a similar look in your own home, hurry in to your local HomeSense locations before these sumptuous items are sold out!


Surprise!! Of course a delicate yellow and grey color combination gets me every time.  I love the softness and coziness of the elegant TV room, and the addition of a daring black + white palette for an incredibly stylish living room. 

image via 1/ 2
How do we steal the look? Let's start off with a solid camel back sofa in soft canary yellow, and layer in a dynamite pattern rug in grey and cream for a strong foundation.  Then we create interest and give the space its dimension by adding graphic prints via pillows and a couple of ikat cross-legged stools.  These flirty dining chairs in grey and yellow cheetah print are also the perfect stunners in an open concept living/dining space. 


Hope you enjoy this episode of HomeSense fun!  Speaking about fun, I can't wait for the IDS fun to begin next week!

8 comments:

  1. I love that silver faux bamboo mirror. I seriously might need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know... i actually did put it on sold hold. now just have to pick it up and decide where to put it!

      Delete
  2. Beige is dead? What a funky name! Sounds like Will:-) Great round-up, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fun name hey? They are such a talented group of ladies!

      Delete
  3. I totally saw that Ralph Lauren's blue-white table lamp and was contemplating buying a pair. I wish I could find a place for them in my home (sad face). I picked up a porcelain buddha head from my last HomeSense trip. And I am still looking for a white porcelain filigree urn - I passed one once and haven't been able to find it ever since (still kicking myself). Have fun at the IDS! I am so jealous that you are going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. living room? I walked away from that white porcelain tall umbrella stand as well. hope it is still there this weekend for another visit

      Delete
  4. WOW! How do you do it? I want that blue chair and dhurrie! I never see that at my local Homesense. Really wanted to play hookie and go to IDS this year but the day job won't let me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the blue chair I saw in waterloo and the dhurrie is from woodbridge! Hope you find them soon too :)

      hope you can come to IDS on the weekend xoxo

      Delete