Monday, January 14, 2013

Store Alert: CIBOULETTE ET CIE

Happy Monday! Did you enjoy the exceptionally warm and beautiful weekend? Chris and I took full advantage of the 10+ weather by enjoying our lattes at patios, followed by a nice long walk in High Park.  We checked out a few cool, hip cafes in Roncesvalles Village, and they totally remind me of my dream to one day run a Bed & Breakfast with a store front bakery out in the country.  Since I am already in dreamyland, why not take it a step further? This eat-in kitchen and bakery store from "It's Complicated" is what I want for my dream B&B + bakery store!

image via 1/ 2
Now I am aware that my dream is from a multi-million dollar motion picture production, so here is a bakery that is equally inspiring and definitely more attainable: CIBOULETTE ET CIE, a food shop in Midland. 

logo via, tray image via courtesy of Kelly Moss Photography
The food at CIBOULETTE ET CIE is absolutely delicious! Chris and I had the soup and "build your own sandwich" combo, followed by home baked muffin/cookie + freshly brewed coffee.  I highly recommended this food shop after a shopping spree across the street at Cabin Boy!

What I also love about CIBOULETTE ET CIE is the eclectic design aesthetic of the store.  You will see the classic shaker style panels juxtapose against the raw reclaimed wood boards, a pale pink painted vintage desk accentuated by the chic "Coca Cola" cooler in black, and timeless white subway tiles with black mosaic band played off the edgy counter stools with a reclaimed wood and raw iron construction: just to name a few.     


The store is intimate, cozy, and very much my cup of tea.  Here are a few key elements I will definitely incorporate in my dream bakery:


So next time when you are up in the Midland area, be sure to check out CIBOULETTE ET CIE, a food shop.  I sure will ... for the super tasty treats and a feast for my eyes.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry the phone acted up again and accidentally removed the comment. Sorry Vera!

      Delete
    2. No worries Tim. Just said that you're not the only one that wishes to have a B&B someday! :)

      Delete
  2. The barn door with the hooks is my favourite feature!
    I loved the movie too and the set was incredible.

    Will your dream B & B be in Germany? How far am I going to have to travel to visit?

    Hope you are well. xo M

    ReplyDelete