Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Store Alert: Cabin Boy

Happy Wednesday!  While we are still fresh on my Midland and Blue Mountain fun from Monday, today I want to take you on a tour of a store in Midland that took me by surprise, a VERY pleasant surprise: Cabin Boy.

Cabin Boy is truly a feast for the eyes with its (1) breathtaking architectural details such as the panelled walls in shades of cream, original wood floor in natural oak, and impressive crown moulding, (2) artfully curated vignettes that showcase furniture, lighting, and accessories, and (3) Ralph Lauren Home meets Country Chic sensibility.

image via
You all know I like to change up the look of my place to reflect the different seasons, so is Cabin Boy! Here are a few of the favourite looks from cherry blossom in spring to woodland wonderland in winter.

image via
Summer cottages will never be the same after a trip to Cabin Boy.  Forget about country cute, summer homes at Cabin Boy are "New York bachelor meets Georgian Bay cottage": a look that is crisp yet cozy, with a healthy dose of bold and quirky elements. 

image via
This winterscape by the front door caught my attention, and this eclectic look is probably my absolute LOVE of all!  I just love the modern interpretation of a traditional four pillar bed, reclaimed barn board as headboard, printed reindeer accent pillow, a bench covered in cow hide, and can we talk about that strikingly beautiful chandelier?!

image on the right via
Looking for items that can instantly transform your space from blend to fab?  Check out this pair of vintage skis turned wall sconces (LOVE the brass arms + mini sky blue and orange lamp shades), an upcycled table lamp, and these charming linen pillows with horse motif.


I LOVE this vignette! The shot of brass and hits of black brought an otherwise all white neutral space to life.  Can we talk about these pillows? WANT THEM!


And I wasn't kidding when I told you I was in lighting heaven at Cabin Boy: check out the amazing collection here!  These are just a few I so wanted to pack home with me.  Chris stopped me of course ... which made me wonder, maybe I shouldn't ask Chris to come along next time I visit Cabin Boy.


So when you are up at Midland next time, be sure to pay Cabin Boy a visit.  You won't leave empty handed. 

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I want everything in that store! I need to make a trip to Midland ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a beautiful store ... and you will LOVE it!!

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness i love that last brass lamp! I'm going to blue mountain in a month...definitely have to drag husband there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too!! I just need to make sure I have a home office first!

      Delete
    2. Tim - I have some decor questions for you, is it possible to pm? ~Ana

      Delete
  3. This store is indeed so country chic. They are definitely on my list for decorating our cottage this coming summer. Btw I am hosting a giveaway for a free pair of designer pillows so don't forget to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the reminder!! I am heading over right now!

      Delete
  4. I'm still massively crushing on the typographic circus-style lighting. So eclectic and striking. Thanks for the virtual store tour, pal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Cabin Boy!! As usual, I must second Will's comment - the circus lights are just fabulous. Would love one of these on a dark anthracite wall. Oh yes, in a bigger apartment of course:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks boys!! I am in love with those lights as well!! I remembered seeing something similar at Chris' family home in Germany. MAybe I will have to go claim it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing! I love hearing about new stores I've never been to before! Lots of great items and inspiration from that store for sure!

    ReplyDelete