Friday, January 18, 2013

Michael Penney Meets cobistyle

Hello Friday! I am always excited about Friday for (a) the weekend is almost here, (b) I get to check out different stores for fun products, and (c) a relaxing time to catch up on my favourite blogs and be inspired.  One of favourite "Must-Read" is Michael Penney Style.  Michael was an editor at House & Home, worked with Sarah & Tommy on Season 2 of Sarah 101, and he now runs his very own home decor and furnishing store, Penney & Co., in Whitby!  I have always loved the rooms Michael designed for the quaint, classic english country home appeal with a modern twist.

Here are a few stories Michael produced for House & Home that I absolutely love!  What a stunning transformation of an ordinary Ikea storage unit with a fresh coat of brilliant robin's egg blue + bead board as backdrop.  I have also got to say hello to this handsome upholstered curved back chair and how its classic lines juxtapose against the very contemporary coffee table.

image via House & Home
You all know I love a delicious wall treatment in every room.  Check out this cute as a button powder room and how can you not love this overscale checker wall? HEART it!!

image via House & Home
As you can see, Michael is not afraid of colors and patterns.  And you know who else is the champion of patterns and colors? Ms. Cobi Ladner of cobistyle!  cobistyle is all about expressing your original voice and personality in your own home, and Cobi's collection of fabrics, furniture, accessories, and lighting is designed to help you to do just that.  Here are just a couple of examples of why I love cobistyle:  

image via cobistyle
image via cobistyle
Want to check out how Cobi and her team put all the cobistyle products together for a vibrant, lively, and cohesive look?  Be prepared to be inspired by this super fun, behind-the-scene footage: 



Aren't the vignettes sensational or what? I've always enjoyed observing the design experts in action to learn the styling tips and advices as they put the rooms together.  Well if you are just like me, then January 31st is your lucky day!  Cobi will be meeting Michael at Penney & Co for an evening full of inspiring decorating ideas.  Trust me, you don't want to miss it.


Yes I am aware that we've just got some white stuff on the ground last night, but I simply have to start thinking about spring after being inspired by all these vividly colourful images from cobistyle.  Pretty Pink, you maybe making a come back in my life!

image via cobistyle
Happy weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. So much gorgeous inspiration just in time for the weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freaking love Michael Penney's work. Always spot on! Have a great weekend, Mr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for blogging about this Tim! For more information on cobistyle Designer Drapery, visit www.qdesigncentre.com/cobistyle

    -Katie from Q. Design

    ReplyDelete