Saturday, January 5, 2013

Celebration & Forward Thinking

Happy 1st Saturday in 2013! How has 2013 been treating you so far? I am still in a bit of a holiday mood since it was a 2-day work week for me, and hence a less regular routine for blog post this week. Sorry! While things will be back to normal starting Monday, I would like to take this opportunity to take one more look back to 2012 and share with you some of the highlights of an amazing year.


I started a new series "Our Home" featuring the homes of bloggers and d├ęcor enthusiasts who have done an incredible job in designing/decorating their magazine worthy homes. I look forward to sharing with you a fantastic line-up of inspirational homes in 2013.



A huge Thank You to Arren and Tamara for inviting me to the media previews at the Bay and HomeSense. I love going to the previews and more so, sharing with you all the amazing products for the upcoming season.



Attended the media walk-through of IDS 2012 and The Party, the BlogPodium, and the Canadian Designer Bloggers Meetup for lots of inspiration and words of wisdom.



I had an incredible trip to Germany and Prague in the summer to soak up what Europe has to offer, and had a chance to meet up with my buddies Will of Bright Bazaar and Igor of Happy Interior Blog in Munich!



Celebrated our 5-Year anniversary on Thanksgiving at our favourite B&B, Ansaku, in Collingwood.  Got to love the Wemories cards!



Be the guest contributor to National Post Home online and shared with the readers my living room and balcony transformation.

image via National Post Home Online
Another major highlight in 2012 of course was to have my condo and the balcony featured on the Color and Outdoor Issues of the Style at Home Magazine, the updated living room in the Special Organization Issue, and did an interview with Elaine of Style at Home online. Thanks so much ladies for all your love!

image via Style at Home
Erin and the Steven & Chris crew also came to my dear friend's serene home that I help decorated for a special feature.  We had so much fun during taping and enjoyed the in-studio day meeting the guys.  More on this project to come very soon. 


You know what was super excited for me and I was so nervous that I almost was not able to speak? My interview with Sarah Richardson and Tommy Smythe, and a tour of their stylish, sophisticated, and elegant office.

image via Sarah Richardson Design, courtesy of Stacey Bradford 
Sarah also included one of my posts in the press section of Sarah Richardson Design.  Thanks Sarah, you have made my year!

image via Sarah Richardson Design
2013 will be filled with fun, excitement, inspiration, and appreciation moments.  More transformation projects to come and lessons for me to learn and share with you all.  I hope you will join me for another fantastical year to come in 2013!  Happy Weekend everyone!http://www.sarahrichardsondesign.com

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful year you've had Tim! All your success is well deserved. Wishing you more happiness, success, and decorating fun in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen!! I couldn't have done it without your advice and supports! Thanks so much for being such great mentor and I wish you and your family good health, laughters, and lots of fab projects to come!

      Delete
  2. I love you work and sense of style but it's becoming a Sarah Richardson dedicated recap blog. Please keep posting your original work - it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for loving my work and I appreciate your comments. More project transformation to come in the next couple of months! I promised!

      Delete
  3. So fun to relive your highlights again, what a wonderful year you had; I feel so lucky that we were able to meet. Thank you for your kind and warm friendship. Here's to a fab 2013!

    P.S. Collingwood looks like SUCH a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HUGE Will!! I so look forward to December 2013 ... god it is 12 months away to meet up with you and Igor again! We so need to dress up as Santa's helpers for our trip to the Munich Christmas market!!

      More Collingwood, Midland fun coming up this week. Stay tuned!

      Delete
  4. You have had quite a year! Ehem...cough,cough. you failed to mention how you met the fabulous Nancy and I for lunch!

    Just kidding. Can't wait to see who you have lined up for Our Home! And what design magic you will create! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how did i forget about that? It must be the "heading out to the cottage and missing blogpodium" impact and I had that whole weekend blocked off in my brain! It was so lovely to meet you and Nancy ... I hope to visit Vancouver soon!

      Fab interview with Sarah!

      Delete
  5. What a great year!!!
    That's LOT of highlights!!!
    Keep the magic going into 2013!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Shannon! didn't realize until I actually sat down and go down my memory lane. I so look forward to an exciting 2013 too! Inspired by all the beautiful spaces and all ... just say .. wink!

      Delete