Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Road Trip: Calgary 2012

Hello Wednesday!!  How is your week going so far? Mine has been crazy as usual, and it doesn't help that I caught the latest cold bug from Chris and now I feel like a walking virus.  Anyhow, it is hard to believe it has been two weeks since I was in Calgary for Chris' company holiday party.  It was a fun, relaxing weekend for me ... and when I asked Chris what he wanted to do on Saturday (which I expected him to say sight seeing), he even insisted to shopping!! Now THAT doesn't happen everyday!


I have been to Calgary once in 2011 (you can read about my shopping tour here and here), and am in love with the city ever since.  Instead of shopping outside this year, Chris and I went to Chinook.  This mall has it all (similar to Yorkdale in Toronto), and is truly a fantastic alternative to outdoor shopping in sub-zero environment.

Speaking about love at first sight, here is how I fell in love with Club Monaco and Tiffany & Co.  Forget about Breakfast at Tiffany, I say Tiffany to be my front door!  The interior of my imaginary Victorian townhouse will include these triple threats from Club Monaco.


The mall is also full of whimsical decorating that will melt the hearts of both the little ones or the young at hearts.  I will be going up north this Christmas for a relaxing getaway and wouldn't it be great to sit outside with this giant telescope to check out the starry sky?


We also made a visit to the Bay flagship location at downtown Calgary and I was stunned by the incredible architecture of the building.  Check out those arches and pillars!!  I spotted this Chanel snow globe at the Bay ... sadly it's not for sale and now I'm obsessed about it.  As my handyman Paul alway says "when there is a will, there is a way".  I am WILLING now!    


Oh and let's not forget I was in town really for the company's party and to share with you how much fun we had, please welcome the gang!


Have a fabulous one and I will see you all on Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Thank god that Chanel snow globe wasn't for sale as - severely over-priced - it would just have damaged our Xmas travel funds :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's quality Chris ... Quality!

      Delete
  2. This post made me laugh SO hard - the shopping tales, the snow globe obsession - such fun! Glad you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha .... I should have bought a lottery ticket that day! This is like once every 2 years occurrence!!

      Delete
  3. I too saw that snow globe and thought it was lovely!
    Looks like you had a great time.

    PS I love those white pendants!

    M

    ReplyDelete