Friday, November 2, 2012

Big-Box Challenge w/ Sarah Richardson: Kitchen

Happy Friday! I hope you all had a blast on Halloween, whether you were at a party or out "trick or treating" with the little ones.  It looks like Sarah also had some fun on Halloween with her girls hunting for candies in a super fun outfit.  We will get back to her costume a little later ... but for now, I want to share with you what I have learned from week two of Sarah's Big-Box Challenge: the kitchen.

We all know kitchens and bathrooms sell houses and they are generally the most expensive to renovate.  This week, Sarah showed us how to build your dream custom kitchen from the ground up, with materials/ supplies readily available from your local Lowes.  


Let's follow Sarah on YouTube for a guided tour of this serene, sumptuous, and elegant kitchen. 


I was lucky enough to have visited the worksite right after demolition, and of course I was super curious to see how all these clues Sarah left on the walls would turn this 1970 classic into the kitchen of my dream (yes you've read it right, this is my dream kitchen!).  


Please say hello to my new kitchen (a boy can dream right?):


There are lots of tips on how to achieve this budget friendly designer kitchen on Sarah's website.  Here are the top three on my list for a well planned, perfectly executed, breathtaking custom kitchen that maximizes every square inch of the space (and the limited budget).


If you are looking into re-creating a similar look at your own home, here are the foundational pieces you will want to check out when you visit Lowes.


Want to know Sarah's top three tips from this week's webisode? Check this out:


Dreamy right? I don't know about you but I could totally have this chic charming kitchen in my own home in a heart beat.  It is cream, it is grey, and the hits of black just made my knees weak.  All after photos are made available courtesy of the talented Stacey Brandford.   

Ok, I know I have teased you with Sarah's Halloween outfit.  Well in case you have missed it on Sarah's Facebook page, please welcome stylish pumpkin lady with a French flair.

via Sarah Richardson Design on Facebook
Tommy will be growing a moustache for the first time in front of our eyes for a great cause in support of Movember to raise fund and awareness for men's health, specifically prostate cancer and male mental health initiatives. Please support Tommy here ... I did! 


Happy Weekend everyone and welcome Movember!

6 comments:

  1. Love how the small sink has been tucked into the corner - such a great workspace saving idea, plus all the plumbing takes up the awkward corner cupboard, so storage isn't wasted. CLEVER! Happy Friday, Mr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally crazy about that idea! So doing it if I have the space in an open concept kitchen! Happy weekend Will!

      Delete
  2. Sarah has never ceased to amaze me. I love the two-tone upper and base cabinets. They are so subtle yet have such a high-impact custom look. I've been having this itch to have all my kitchen cabinets re-painted and I think I am getting closer to make that decision now. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally love this kitchen, perfect farm house chic!

      Delete
  3. She just has it doesn't she. Every time I think she is not gonna amaze me ...she does it again ten fold..The thing is I can see myself living in her designs and that is what sets her apart from many others. Thanks Tim for the blog post..Cheers Frances

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's why we all love Sarah! Have a fantastic weekend Frances!

      Delete