Monday, October 22, 2012

Style at Home: Jen Ramos

Hello Monday!  How was your weekend? Did you join me for a HomeSense Challenge: the crest to find these fabulous items featured at the Fall/Winter Preview? Love to hear what you found, and I will show you the items I spotted in a couple of weeks.  Today, I am sharing with you a super stylish and chic apartment in NYC that is recently featured in the Special Organization Issue of Style at Home.

image courtesy of Style at Home
Remember this gorgeous town home I absolutely loved earlier in the summer?  Well after moving back to New York City, Jen's 1,000 square feet apartment has proven that size really doesn't matter when you got an immaculate sense of style and a bag full of smart storage solutions.  Jen's design theory: black + white + hits of pink (or turquoise).   This mirror, console, and studded lamp (love that black shade) have all made the cut to Jen's new apartment.  I love the playful edge of this large mirror and how its sharp contrasts against the tailored, traditional console in black.  Ever wonder where to store your magazines and design books? Under the console right by the entrance!  They offer a hit of colors and a reflection of your style and taste the moment your guests arrive.  

image courtesy of Style at Home
image courtesy of Style at Home

You all know I'm a hardcore faux bamboo fan, say hello to a pair of charming chippendale-style arm chairs in Jen's office and how good they look next to the glossy white tables.  Did you see that zebra rug?  Nothing beats a hit of mod animal print in a space for drama.  Similar to the rest of Jen's home, shots of colors are introduced via art work and in this case, a bold modern art in gold frame.  Divine I would say!  

If you have a craft room that is in desperate need of organization, Jen has got six ingenious practical storage solutions for you.  

image courtesy of Style at Home
image courtesy of Style at Home
Here comes the most exciting part of this entire walk-through, closet organization in Jen's bedroom.  Similar to my condo, Jen's bedroom is lacking a closet.  Come to think about it, I still wonder if they can actually call it a bedroom if it doesn't come with a closet.  Anyhow, these IKEA wardrobes look totally custom and impeccably stylish thanks to the streamlined brass handles.  If you have items (such as purses, handbags, shoes) that demand special attention, why not work their specific space requirement into your closet system? A closet doesn't always need a rod. 

Another fab detail I love is how Jen adds personality to her wardrobe system with bold, graphic paper as closet liner.  This black + white cheetah print rocks!  For a step-by-step instruction on how to create this sensational wardrobe solution at your own home, check it out here.

image courtesy of Style at Home
image courtesy of Style at Home
I love Jen's sense of style and her artwork.  This Chanel No. 5 print has been one of my favourites and I'm super happy to say that it looks absolutely incredible in the Powder Room Project.  More pictures to follow I promise.

image via MadeByGirl

Jen is moving again (I know, can you believe it?) and she is having a moving sale.  A sneak peek of items available is now on MadeByGirl including this stunning artwork that had me mesmerized the moment we met.  Sadly it is too big for my bedroom wall and I may just have to ask Jen to paint one at the right size for me in the future!

image via MadeByGirl
Now speaking about closet solution in bedroom, my own creation is recently included on Style at Home as one of the budget-friendly DIY projects.


Thanks Elaine for all your love and support of my projects.  Of all the makeovers I have done at my condo, the wardrobe system in my bedroom is my absolute proudest (and most challenging I must add) and I couldn't be more happier for the additional storage I've gained.  Cheers!!

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous Tim! And oh do I love the little Tulip table!! Swoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too and I totally lucked out on that marble top!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous post. Love your home and Jen has great style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the wardrobe organization, Tim! Perfectly practical and gorgeous!
    xo,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon!! I had so much fun pulling that together ... with lots of help from my trusty carpenter Paul of course.

      Delete
  4. I can't believe they are moving. There place is amazing! Especially the closet:) I spied you asking her about that painting. It really is fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally want that painting!! it's just too big for my wall :(

      Delete
  5. I agree - since when is a bedroom a bedroom without a closet? Love the custom/off the shelf storage solution! Had no luck @ my local Homesense Friday on any of the holiday pretties, but they were just starting to put out the Christmas decor. That chicken foot table I'm now obsessed with and want it for my living room. It will be mine, oh yes, it will...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the bookcase in walnut!! so tempted to buy it but I really have no room for it. Also saw the faux fur stools and a few gorgeous wool rugs ... no luck on the flat weave beauty though.

      The stores are only getting the X'mas stuff out ... the one in Waterloo is still in Halloween mode and the one at Sherway is still in transformation mode. .. lots more to come I'm sure!

      Delete
  6. Wow, Jens space and ideas are truly amazing! Love the extra storage yo got in your room too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you Tim! that budget friendly project is brilliant- good going!
    How awesome to make all that storage around the bed ... :))

    Madebygirl.blogspot.com
    MadeByGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen!! I can't wait to see what you have done to your new place. Also so posh, luxe, and stylish ... and of course my inspiration.

      Delete
  8. Jen is such a style maven - love it! I also love the magazine's cover design... very appealing and well considered. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE her ... Maybe we need to meet up with Jen together when we are both in NYC next time! Let's do a NYC trip together Will!

      Delete
  9. Jen has exquisite taste. Her print looks fab in M's bathroom! And congrats on your DIY feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally!! Exquisite taste it is and done so effortlessly!

      Looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday!

      Delete
  10. I've always loved Jen's feminine and glamorous style. And I love love the built-in around your bed, so practical yet so stylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww... . thanks Michelle! We should meet up for coffee or tea sometimes :)

      Delete
  11. That's a wicked storage wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tim, your place is spectacular! Congratulations on your feature, fabulous for you. Also, love Jen's apartment... and art... and jewellery... love it! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete