Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Style at Home: Erin's Bathroom Makeover

Hello Wednesday!  As I am working around the clock to wrap up the deluxe jewel-box powder room project, this week's special Style at Home feature is definitely one of my absolutely favourite makeovers: a serene and tranquil master ensuite belongs to Erin McLaughlin, editor-in-chief of Style at Home.

The grey and cream palette sets the overall tone of this spa inspired bathroom makeover: charming, sophisticated, and elegant.  The neutral colorway also allows for maximum versatility when selecting accent colors (hues of pink in this case).  I love the white wall scones: traditional in shape but completely modern and hip when finished in white.  The reclaimed wood door offers a sense of history and adds character to the space.          


You all know I am addicted to faux bamboo and all things Chinoiserie, so you can imagine my excitement when I saw this vanity wall with traditional wainscotting and trim, a sleek vanity in waterfall style, a sculptural faucet, a sensational faux bamboo mirror, and that whimsical wallpaper by Schumacher!

Chris and I walked by a bathroom supply store this past weekend and he actually said he would like a freestanding tub!  I must be the luckiest guy on Earth ... you are all jealous I know!  So in our future house where we will have the space to incorporate a soaking tub (no jets .. sorry Chris) and a beautiful shower, this streamline, hotel-inspired tub from Kohler may just be my pick.  I love how modern the bathfiller looks in this sumptuous retreat.


Now if the freestanding tub is Chris' domain, then the shower will definitely have my name all over it.  This classic shower with full height glass panels and natural marble from head-to-toe scores A+++ on my shower inspiration book!  I particularly love the seamless inset shelving for all the bathroom essentials, the bench for extra comfort, and the mini mosaics in herringbone pattern for a luxurious touch.  Another great tip I learned from this makeover is to install cabinet below the sloped ceiling to fully utilize every square inch of the space.

Heated flooring is a must in bathroom and with such incredible natural stone tiles in herringbone pattern, who wouldn't want to walk into this bathroom barefoot?


Have you just died and gone to gorgeous bathroom heaven? I certainly did the first time I saw this bathroom.  Well, this bathroom was definitely a "hidden gem" when Erin first moved into her house and if you have a colorful palace like this: not all hope is lost yet!  With smart space planning and careful selection of materials and fixtures, you can also transform your bathroom into an ultimate spa-inspired getaway.


If renovation is not quite in the card at this point, why not bring a touch of luxury into your home with the Limited Edition Collection by Style at Home?  Look at how good these extra thick 660-gram terry towels look in Erin's bathroom!  Pick your favourite colors before they are sold out. 


all images are courtesy of Style at Home

7 comments:

  1. I dream of having a tub next to a window overlooking rolling fields... bliss. Although, I am grateful to have a bathroom with a window and natural light! For so long I lived in apartments with bathrooms that had no natural light and they felt so dark and not at all refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so jealous! I so want a bathroom with a window too ... especially those ones with a black frame.

      Delete
  2. I would never leave this bathroom...gorgeous. love the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your bathroom! I've always loved Erin's, it's just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany! Can't wait to show a few more sneak peek too

      Delete
  4. Katie @ Primetime Paint & PaperOctober 10, 2012 at 11:12 AM

    We used to have that paper hanging in our front window! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wallpaper too! And the marble in the shower is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete