Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Brizo: Faucet Makes Magic

Happy Wednesday!  How has your week been so far? Mine has been super busy, but I'm enjoying every minute of it.  I don't know about you, but I have told M that I am moving into her powder room after seeing how gorgeous this space has turned out.  A full reveal is yet to come, and so far I have given you sneak peeks of the Bocci Collection 14 pendants + the beautiful artwork from MadeByGirl.  Today, we are on faucet talk: Baliza two handle widespread lavatory faucet by Brizo.

Before I show you the faucet, here is a little recap of my vision for this jewel-like powder room.

via
Here is the sumptuous Baliza faucet standing proud and tall on this luxurious natural marble, with the dramatic and whimsical Clarke & Clarke wallpaper as backdrop.  The warm glow of the polished nickel is absolutely bang-on with the muted gold color on the wallpaper.  It would have been "too cold" if we had gone for the chrome option.  We also had to decide whether to go with the cross handles or lever handles.  As you can see, cross handles made the cut and I couldn't be happier with the decision.  I think they add charm and elegance to space and yet still echo the youthfulness of the wallpaper.

A big thank you to Brizo for partnering with us on the project!       


Once a serial decorator, always a serial decorator.  Chris may say that I need to be on Intervention for my addiction to redecorate my condo, but before I make another TV appearance (yes I was on Property Virgin 5 years ago), I want to share with you my latest mini-makeover ideas for my kitchen and my bathroom.  The kitchen will feature the Solna faucet in brushed bronze with smarttouch technology, venuto soap dispenser in matte black (don't you love this super pair of gold and black), the dynamite quatrafoil knobs from Rocky Mountain, the hammered metal knobs in brass available at Lee Valley, a penguin print in navy blue I found at the General Store, and the ikat polka dot in navy from Tonic Living.

via
As for the bathroom, I want to add some drama to the space.  Inspired by the black + white palette at Jen's NYC Apartment, the jumping off point of this dramatic scheme comes from the sleek, contemporary faucet designed by Jason Wu for Brizo.  It was truly love at first sight when we first met at IDS 2012.  This faucet comes in three different colors and I am torn between matte black or brushed nickel.  I have picked brushed nickel for its warmth for now ... but I am still on the fence on this.  The bathroom accessories from the Jason Wu collection combines my love of warm metal with black.  I'm adding the towel bar, the soap dispenser, and the towel ring to my cart.  

Too add whimsy and an artistic sensibility to the space, I will (1) switch out the existing creamy shower certain with this fun London scene from Blissliving, and (2) frame this watercolor feather print by Amber Alexander.  Yes I'm considering wallpaper in bathroom (yes again ... call me crazy) and this classy and serene mosaic from Schumacher.    

via
Wish me luck on these two mini makeovers in the upcoming months.  In the meantime, check out Brizo and follow them on Twitter and Facebook for their latest updates and be inspired!

7 comments:

  1. Tim, I've been loving the gold kitchen faucets I've seen lately! So pretty and punchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Amy!! me too!! especially that kitchen by Kelly Deck Design at IDS West!!

      Delete
  2. Oh Tim: I love you!!!! :)
    I have been searching high & low for the source for those amazing quatrafoil knobs from Rocky Mountain. I had seen them in an issue of Style @ Home and thought I'd have to sit down with my stack and start flipping page by page to find it again.
    I am lovin' that great cityscape wallpaper bathroom and can't wait to see how the rest turn out :)

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help Alison! These knobs are luxe and amazing. I can't wait to have them installed!

      Delete
  3. OOOh, I'm lusting over that faucet! That powder room is looking spectacular already in my head!!! Cant wait to see all the details in all! I also am loving your "small but big impact" changes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vel!! I figure it's about time for me to change from country chic (kitchen + bathroom) into more city hip! Wish me luck!

      Delete
  4. Wow on the powder room! Great job Tim! And ha ha on the "Once a serial decorator, always a serial decorator." I think I am the same addict. Love all those elements you picked out for your kitchen and bathroom mini makeovers. Can't wait to see them and I sure whatever you design rocks!

    ReplyDelete