Monday, October 15, 2012

Bocci: Let There Be Light

Hello Monday! How was your weekend? I was under the weather the last couple of  days after wrapping up the powder room project but let me tell you, the room is truly a showstopper!  We worked so hard to get the room done within a week: well technically 4 days due to the Thanksgiving long weekend.  From plumbing, flooring, trim work, wallpaper, lighting, and artwork, we have done it all.

Many fantastic new additions have made it to the room, but these jewel-like 14.1 pendants have a very special place in my heart.  I have been in love with them for years and have always been mesmerized by the sophistication of these glass spheres.  Remember this bright, warm, and inviting luxurious AyA kitchen designed by Kelly Deck Design for IDS West 2012?  I was floored the moment I saw this post by Nancy of Marcus Design.  The polished brass range hood of course is a stunner ... so is that one-piece marble backsplash ... and that sleek brass faucet.  But check out this cluster of 14.1 pendants: the shadows they create on the ceiling and the shimmering sparkles on the marble backsplash and the range hood are incredible.    

One thing I want to bring to your attention (other than the obviously beauty of these pendants) is the mini canopy that complements the 14.1 pendant.  Only 29mm in diameter (slightly over 1") and 13mm (0.5") deep, this practical essential just simply disappear into the ceiling.  GENIUS!    

image via i dream of chairs
Here is another cluster of 14.1 pendants in a bedroom application. I love how the lights are randomly grouped and variant in height: who wouldn't love to sleep under these radiant stars? 

image via Bocci
I would love to put a grouping of 14.1 in the dining room or a foyer with double ceiling heights for an undeniable wow factor and an instant shot of elegance.  A pair of 14.1 is what I've envisioned in the powder room and they look absolutely spectacular against the wallpaper.  I just love how these pendants flank the 4' tall mirror (sorry a little hard to see here) and how they illuminate the space to reveal the subtle sketches in muted gold on the wallpaper.  

Sorry about the "visibility level" of this sneak peek, as you will see the final reveal in one of my favourite magazines in the near future.  But I just have to show you how dramatic and decadent the 14.1 look in the space ... such a bold statement!         

image courtesy of Gwenael Lewis

Let's walk into the bright side, collection 28 features a unique spherical shape that composes a collection of "inner bubbles", and the opaque milk white glass bubble is the one that houses the light bulb.  I love the sense of brightness, cheerful, and shots of color these glass bubbles transcend in this creamy Gene Cafe in Vancouver.  

image courtesy of Gwenael Lewis
Want to see how this sculptural and whimsical chandelier comes to life? Check this out! 


Another application of the collection 28: a tranquil reading nook that bridges the indoor space with its exterior surroundings.  I simply love how nature contrast with man-made surfaces, and how the charming brick wall juxtapose against the polished concrete.  This space is refreshing and organic, and it is going straight into my inspiration book.

image courtesy of Janis  Nicolay 
This cluster of three is perfect for my foyer and I particularly heart the warm glow of these milky bubbles.  Amber, bronze, and clear, this random cluster is definitely going to be the star at the staircase of my next house. 

image courtesy of Gwenael Lewis
image courtesy of Karkula
Exquisite in style, exceptional in quality and attention to detail is the trademark of Bocci's products.  It is no surprise that this innovative company also lends its love to collection 22, a complete re-engineering of the traditional wall electrical and telephone/data connections.  These practical and essential components for modern living can now be installed flush with the wall surface, transforming themselves into ... well, wall accessories.

image courtesy of Cory Dawson

image courtesy of Cory Dawson
A big thank you to Bocci for partnering with me on the powder room transformation project.  It is truly an amazing addition to the space for a sense of luxury and sophistication.  My heart is now set on the sumptuous 28.3 for my foyer, which one is your favourite?

12 comments:

  1. I love how the pendants look in the bedroom environment and think they suit the opulence of the powder room look you went for perfectly! Hope you rested up over the weekend and are back to feeling 100%! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally!! I would love them in my own bedroom. Do you get them in the UK as well Mr?

      Delete
  2. Oh this is GORGEOUS Tim, I cannot WAIT to see the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Igor! Somewhere between my fast finger and the slow iPhone ... You message has been accidentally removed :(

      So sorry! I know you love these bocci lights too!

      Delete
  4. I'm in love with all these pretty lights and the different ways they have been used....very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pendant cluster...they remind me of the rain drops. Your powder room is looking fabulous so I can't wait to see the final reveal. Hope you get well soon. Btw, I mentioned you in my latest post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do Michelle!! Thanks for including me in your blog post too :)

      Delete
  6. So pretty! Anxiously waiting to see M's home in print!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so gorgeous! Can't wait to see the whole project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These light fixtures are truly phenomenal! Can't wait to see the big reveal! Super stoked!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone! more pictures to come I promise!

    ReplyDelete