Wednesday, September 26, 2012

HomeSense: September Edition

Happy Wednesday! It is hard to believe this is the last week of September, and you all know what it means: HomeSense time!  Fantastic upholstered pieces have landed and many incredible art pieces have arrived.  Best of all, they are all at very affordable prices!

Take this traditional wing back for example.  I love the masculine quality via its shape, the grey plaid fabric, the polished chrome nailhead detail, and its espresso frame.  This comfortable and stylish chair perfect for any man cave and is "ladyproof".

Speaking about man cave, here is a stunningly handsome bench with navy blue herringbone upholstery, tapered ebony legs, and chrome nailheads for a crisp, classic look.  I would love to have this bench at the foot of my bed (as if I have anymore room in my bedroom for a bench).

Are you ready for an ultimate dream for the male species? A leather headboard! I am usually opposed to anything leather but in this case, I may actually be fine if I am doing a ultra manly room.  After all, I love the diamond tufting and this headboard actually reminds me of the super hot and trendy chesterfield sofa.


Now for all you ladies out there, have I got the chair for you.  This is a contemporary interpretation of a traditional wing back and this lavender fabric is very similar to the Maze Work fabric by Dwell Studio. A++ for sophistication, comfort, and the right doses of feminine touch. 


Ladies, this is the ottoman you need to go with the lavender wingback: a delightful piece upholstered in a cream and taupe greek key fabric.  Its timeless pattern and colorway make this preppy ottoman a truly versatile piece: from bedroom to living room, this ottoman can travel from room to room.    


Cross-leg stools remain one of my favourite pieces of furniture for its chic and glam appeal.  These three are on clearance and if you are not crazy about the fabric options here, get them reupholstered! I happen to love the deep plum and the acid mossy green for an instant bold statement.


Hello Art Deco stool!  I love the scale and the shape of this stool (believe it or not, I found it in the bath section) and I would love have gold leaf for the base and upholster the top with a killer faux ostrich leather in cream!


Once you've sourced all these upholstered pieces for seating, it is time to think side tables.  For compact condo living, stylish and smart storage is key to a clutter free space.  Condo dwellers, please meet gorgeous and luxe trunk in light grey (with a high gloss finish) and chrome metal detail.  It reminds me of those super expensive versions from Louis Vuitton.


Once a faux bamboo fan, always a faux bamboo fan.  Here is a little side table with a polished chrome faux bamboo base.  Check out the gracious lines at the tip of the leg.  I wasn't too crazy about the top but for $99, you will still have money left on the table for a nice marble to go on top.


I am getting more and more crazy about the color plum, and debating if it is the color for Christmas this year.  Want to see how Sarah Richardson uses plum in a room? Check out this Hilltop contemporary home.  


It is accessories time and for this fall/winter season, I am thinking glamorous, decadence, and elegance.  With these qualities in mind, I heart this tall table lamp with a gold leaf finish (will probably update the shade via fabric or ribbon with Mod Pieces), the golden plate with a japanese circle motif, and this ice bucket (or waste basket in the bathroom) with leather trim.  Love that stitch detail.  


And who else to turn to when looking for exquisite decor accessories other than Ralph Lauren Home.  These candles and bowls are both accentuated with mother of pearl!  The best thing is, these pieces can totally double duty in life.  For example, you can always use the bowl as vase for flowers like hydrangea and once you are done with the candle, the lidded container can hold cotton balls or Q-tips.


Animal print is also big on my craving list and really, can you say no to this mustard yellow zebra and leopard in soft grey? Love them both and perhaps even having them sitting next to one another.  Now I just have to go back to get them!

If you are looking for a floral print and slightly larger pillow, here is a metallic beauty for you: 24" x 24" for only $29.99.


I am also in the market for a piece of artwork for my bedroom. Since I am drawn to extravagance  quality from both manmade luxury and the animal kingdom, here are a couple of options that caught my eyes: a framed large Louis Vuitton print and a super chic black + white zebra print. 


And here is the piece that truly had me at hello: a breathtakingly beautiful image of a magnificent creature.  Too bad it was perfectly sold when I got there, and so was this diamond tufted stool with turned legs on casters.  Man HomeSense is good ... I just need to get myself there faster!   


In case I forgot to mention in my earlier posts, I have been on a mission to find minty green ready-made bedding.  Ideally I would like it in thick minty green and white stripes and that is proven to be impossible to find.  Look what I found at HomeSense: minty green and white in polka dot by Kate Spade! Thanks HomeSense!!   


On a different note, Halloween is quickly approaching (in the retail world) and although I usually skip the festivities and go right to Christmas, these Hello Kitty baking goodness are just too adorable not to bring to your attention.  Isn't it fun to make these sandwich cookies and cupcakes with your kids? 


Have a fantastic sunny Wednesday everyone!

22 comments:

  1. I love those sheets!! I have been on the hunt for them in king sized but I've never found them. Not sure if they even come in King. Great finds Tim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are looking for the same color? I have seen black, green, blue, and pink :)

      Delete
    2. I have been hunting for the blue ones for queen - must check this week! Thanks Tim!

      Delete
  2. Best finds ever! We never get that great of stuff. You getting the headboard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't ... but may consider something similar when we have the space for Chris' home office. Will use it as a headboard for a daybed. Should be rich and luxe.

      Delete
  3. Love HomeSense! I just bought those Kate Spade sheets there but with hot pink polka dots. I've also spied that horse painting there before which inspired an equestrian art post of mine back in March! I just love that art. Lastly, I just did a DIY greek key bench in that fabric and was so delighted when I saw it in Homesense! Awesome finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so handy Tiffany! I saw the hot pink dots as well and thought how much fun is that! Now I'm hunting a complementary fabric to go with my minty dots :)

      Delete
  4. Once again...awesome finds. I need to branch out in my HOmesense stores!! love those benches! I have found the spotted Kate spade in King...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. amazing stuff hey! which color did you see for the king sheet?

      Delete
  5. I can't tell you how much I love that subtle herringbone bench and the gold-leaf lamp. HomeSense should hire you as their spokesperson. You always seem to have captured the best what they have to offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be my dream job! Love your bathroom reno Michelle! Can't wait to see it all completed!

      Delete
  6. Sorry to be ignorant here, but I'm guessing Homesense is what Homegood to us here in the U.S. right? love all your finds especially that Lavander chair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes. ... similar concept. Home fashion discount store Vel

      Delete
  7. What great finds! I am seeing a lot of animal prints on just about everything and in every colour! Never used to be a big fan, but they are definitely growing on me. It's all about the baby steps:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me neither until recently ... keep it as accent and you can always change them :)

      Delete
  8. Before we go anywhere, did you buy that awesome Kate Spade bedding?! Please tell me you did - it's amazing.com!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I sure did Will! can't pass up something like that and out of the many polka dot by Kate Spade, that is the only minty green I have ever seen!

      Now I'm thinking getting soft grey and white fabric to add a special touch.

      Delete
  9. ooh, love that gold lamp....so purrrrty :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tim, you're killing me with these HomeSense posts. I always feel the need to go on a crazy shopping spree after reading, and you feature the best pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good shop girl and let me know what you found tonight at bb tea!

      Delete
  11. Oooo...love your trip to home sense! There are so many fabulous items right now at Home sense!! The Hello kitty halloween kit is too adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the winged back chair too Mr Tim, not just the ladies you see:)

    ReplyDelete