Monday, September 3, 2012

Dream Bathroom with Jason Wu: Brizo Edition

Hello Monday!!  Today is Labour Day and it is official: September is here.  Not that summer has left us for good in Toronto, but with September in effect, my mind set for home decor generally shifts toward fall/winter mode starting in 09.  

To help jump start my fall decor direction,  I have invited Farah, the lovely lady of Beige is Dead, to share with us her dream bathroom, featuring my No.1 favourite bathroom faucet designed by the talented Jason Wu for Brizo.  This sleek, sophisticated, and luxe faucet will be available in Canada soon.  Maybe it's time for me to give my bathroom a little makeover!

Ladies and Gents, please put our hands together for Beige is Dead.   

***************************************************************************************

I’d like to extend a big thank you to Tim for letting me take over his blog just this once to show you my dream bathroom! Before I start, my name is Farah and I blog at Beige is Dead (beigeisdead.com), the corporate design blog for Masco Canada which manufactures and promotes a number of faucet brands including Brizo, Delta and Hansgrohe.

As you can imagine, I come across a lot of bath decor but once in a while, one really catches my eye and this time, it’s by Jason Wu. Our fashion-forward faucet brand Brizo (say that three times fast!) partnered up with fashion designer Jason Wu to create the most sophisticated and elegant faucet. I think what really makes this faucet pop is that it comes in this delicious shade of matte black.

Everything about this collection says LUXE! Here’s how I would design my dream Jason Wu bathroom:



1. This gorgeous Jason Wu for Brizo faucet will be available in Fall 2012!

2. I love this lacquered baroque frame that I found on Etsy. It would make looking in mirror a special occasion, every day.

3. This truly is the bathroom of my wildest imaginations because it has a fireplace. Buh-bye freezing winter bathroom.

4. With fixtures so glam, the floors have to be just as luxurious. This cow hide rug in a zebra print from Elte does the trick. For a more animal-friendly alternative, see Abigail Ahern’s faux zebra rug.

5. The sculptural detail in this Jason Wu from Brizo waste basket makes it a piece of art unto itself.

6. My perfect bathtub would be ideal for taking bubble baths, reading Fifty Shades of Grey and escaping the hustle and bustle.

7. Jason Wu would be so impressed by my bathroom that he’d send me an autographed copy of one of his sketches. I’d frame it to remind myself that fashion is a lifestyle.

8. All of these baroque influences calls for damask print wallpaper but I’d want to make the room girly and gothic too with a touch of hot pink – perhaps on just one of the walls.

9. Last but not least, Tim mentioned that he’d pair his faucet with a fantastic chandelier and I have to agree. This one is a new take on the classic baroque chandelier and looks heavenly. Because this is what bath heaven looks like!

***************************************************************************************

Thanks so much for sharing with us your dream bathroom Farah. I absolutely love that chandelier and would definitely die to get one of Jason's autograph fashion sketches!  What I love the most of this dream bathroom is the perfect balance between the masculinity of the faucet and the curvaceous/romantic sensibility from the mirror, the claw foot tub, and the pink damask wallpaper. 

I hope you all enjoy this inspirational bathroom compilation.  I am certainly re-thinking my bathroom with this Jason Wu faucet in mind!

13 comments:

  1. What a voluptuous bathroom moodboard!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely!! I'm working on a powder room makeover and luxe is in the cards! can't wait to show you more Igor!

      Delete
  2. Hello Farah! Thanks for pulling together this fun mood board. My top pick is the classic baroque chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love Farah? She has such fantastic taste. Love the chandelier too but my absolute must-have is that faucet!

      Delete
  3. Drooling over the faucet too, and that fireplace - wow! Thanks for the inspiration tim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I will have it in my bathroom! It's worth redoing a bathroom for!

      Delete
  4. I'm loving the claw foot tub, chandelier and faucet, very glam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reading! I'm glad you found this bathroom equally drool worthy :P Big thanks to Tim for letting me put this together and showing it off on his awesome blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure is all mine Farah! Love your inspiration and everyone is floored! xo

      Delete
  6. Great dream bathroom Farah! So luxurious, especially the matte black faucet. All you need is a glass of wine to enjoy the ambiance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes ... I so need a glass of wine please!

      Delete
  7. Valuable information and excellent design you got here! I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and time into the stuff you post!! Thumbs up
    Bathroom Remodeling Arlington VA

    ReplyDelete
  8. A bathtub refinishing Buffalo NY can be reglazed right in your bathroom without disturbing the existing tiles, fixtures,
    or plumbing. Make sure you don't over clean it with
    power abrasive as you don't want to stain the tub with hair color or your shampoo.
    By repairing the existing surface of your bathtub you start a
    good base to start your bathtub refinishing job.


    Look into my web page ... bathtub repair

    ReplyDelete