Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Store Alert: HomeSense August 2012

Happy Wednesday!  Sorry I have been crazy busy the last little while and slightly behind on my HomeSense updates, but I can guarantee you it is worth the wait.  To kick start our tour today, may I take a moment to appreciate how handsome this settee look? It is upholstered in this amazing striped fabric in shades of grey and soft yellow with a subtle herringbone motif, a tufted back with pipping all around, and all in for $349.99!!


While I was still stunned by the settee, HomeSense had done it again with this elegant and adorable little bench.  I am currently obsessed with furniture pieces with graceful curves and ribbon + nailhead detail looking exactly like this little number.  Don't you feel a bit like royalty sitting on this bench to put on your shoes?  I do ... watch out Prince William!


Linen, ribbon, and nailhead can never be too much of a good thing, especially in a cream & white palette.  Here is a stylish low boy with leather handles, perfect as beside table with plenty of storage.   


Looking for tailored and classy dining chairs? Here is a exquisite piece for your dining room.  Two were available in store and I would totally use them as end chairs.  Love the polished chrome square pull detail at the back.     


Now this is a dynamite modern interpretation of a classic wing back with a killer graphic print in cream & ink! Seriously, can you really say no to this if you are looking for a pair in your master bedroom? I only wish I have the room!!


Weathered bent wood chairs have been very popular for the last little while and this time, I found them at bar height!  These are priced way less than the other expensive identical twins available at high-end store.  Here is a cute little stool I would definitely pick up and perhaps give it a new look similar to that curvaceous bench I heart earlier.  Many would love the stool as is (so do I), but some how I envision it in a lighter palette.


Now this is a stool I love AS-IS!  Let's face it, with on-trend hybrid of ikat & suzani, a diamond tufted top, and tapered wood legs in espresso, what else do I need to change? NADA!


Good things do show up more than once at HomeSense, see this adorable pink number with a floral motif ... will be gorgeous in your daughter's room Vanessa!


My dear friend Michelle recently cooked up a tasty blue and orange outdoor entertaining hotspot in her backyard, I think these ultra chic stools at only $39.99 each will be a fantastic addition to her summer party!

This silver multi faceted stool reminds me of the much more expensive version by Barbara Barry at ABC Carpet & Home.  It maybe a tiny bit too shiny for my decor sense, but it definitely has a solid foundation for incredible Tim to work his magic to tone down the sheen.   


These, my friends, are a match made in heaven (or by me during this HomeSense visit): a pure white moroccan side table with sexy legs and a 100% wool ikat tribal rug in a chic blue & white nautical palette.  I am seeing Greece and the Mediterranean Sea, what do you think?  

Back to Paris, Christine I think this amazing (and supersized) Chanel No. 5 print will live happily ever after in your house!


I am banana crazy about this three drawer dresser with unbelievable wood work and panel detail on the side.  I am seeing it as a dresser in a boy's room, or a pair as bedside tables in the master, or a breathtaking vanity with a stone top!  A couple coats of spray paint can turn it into a showstopper piece in any room! 


A large Mother of Pearl tray with chrome handles.  Super high-end, quite substantial (weight wise), and a whole lot of style all for $89.99.  Similar trays go for a few flips more than what is asking at HomeSense.


and I have found a pair of perfect table lamps to go with this tray.

Now here are couple of items I brought home with me.  Being a newbie at Instagram (you can follow my Instagram adventure via the side bar), I decided to show you my scores through a whole new lens.  

* Steven Gambrel: Time & Place

* Nautical notes with gold anchor  



I will also be showing you why I have been super busy lately over the next couple of weeks.  Be sure to come back Friday for round 1.

19 comments:

  1. That studded armchair is a real winner. Great spots, Mr. T! Happy Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE so many things in this post- adore that white nailhead bench and yes, the Chanel poster is yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! that bench is so adorable! It was great seeing you C on Monday!

      Delete
  3. OOh.....that blue Ikat rug totally has me swooning. So lovely!
    I adore your HomeSense style spottings. They're fantastic and always give me the nudge I need to plan another shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know hey. .. these HomeSense finds are so tempting! I so need to stop shopping!

      Delete
  4. Such great finds. Love homesense!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your finds, as always! That wing back chair and the pink floral ikat ottoman are fantastic!

    Enjoy the rest of your day, Tim!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jessie! I love the wing back chairs too and congrats on the transformation at the One Room Challenge! Love your bedroom!

      Delete
    2. what location is that 3 drawer dresser at?!?!

      Delete
  6. Ahhh I LOVE Homesense. I've got a gift card I need to put to good use. I'm really loving those garden stools!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure if my first comment went thru, darn phone. But I love all your finds, that store always has some great finds. Just need to win the lottery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally! I have to stop myself from going in to the stores sometimes so I won't be tempted!

      Delete
  8. what I would do for some of those items to be at our local store! great finds! And yes, I will be going there today! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you find something at HomeSense today Julie? love to hear what you found!

      Delete
  9. I need to go to the same HomeSense store you've been to, and would buy that pair of trellis wingback chairs in a heart beat. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! They are from the Markville Mall location. Good luck Michelle!

      Delete
  10. Have to admit I think that rug is pretty terrific although it will date quickly. And where do you find the books? What section? LOVE Steven Gambrel, good score!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it at the book section Chris. A few other beautiful book there as well! Good luck with your hunt!

      Delete
  11. Love these posts Tim and the pink ottoman fabric is very similar to my daughter's headboard fabric. When can you come and work for me scouting/sourcing great products? :)

    ReplyDelete