Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Road Trip: ABC Carpet & Home Part I

Happy Wednesday everyone! We are at the final stretch of my NYC road trip and today, we are at the legendary ABC Carpet & Home.  I love the great street presence of this multi-stories mega furniture wonderland thanks to a pair of these traditional lanterns and the dramatic crystal chandelier at the entrance.


What a sumptuous and colorful feast for the eyes!  The visual team has done a fabulous job putting together a collection of second life rugs, along with the soft as silk sari rugs, for a dynamite and decadent welcome the moment you walked into the store.


I wanted to wrap the entire store home with me, but sadly I was short changed by my piggy bank.  However, I was truly inspired by the eclectic mix of furnishings, lighting options, and decorative accessories.  Let's begin our tour with a hip, modern, industrial flair.  I love this bare factory style staircase as you travel from one floor to the next and how the shiny new cruiser inspired bicycle juxtapose against the classic mid-century modern pieces from reGENERATION.    

Vintage inspired lighting fixtures have been sizzling hot in home decor for the last couple of years and this trend shows no sign of slowing down.  I like the utilitarian look of these cage lights for a true authentic loft, while these delicate silvery mercury pendant would work nicely in a powder room or front foyer.  

You all know I am a huge fan of Tom Dixon.  So of course I wouldn't help but wonder if I have the room for a similar grouping in my house when I saw my two favourite collections both in one spot!  The beat light in white or etch shade in brass, which one is your pick?  


For me, I would love to see a cluster of etch shades in brass over this organic tree dining table for a bold statement in the dining room. 


For my friend Mary's gorgeous neutral condo, we are planning to add some bold colors and we were eyeing this super cool modern pendant in race car red, a very graphic pixel inspired area rug, and this yellow stool that doubles as side table or extra seating!

 


Dwell Studio is one of my favourite textile and furnishing companies I am addicted to, so you can imagine my excitement when I saw their products at ABC Carpet and Home.  The kid, nursery section is absolutely adorable ... did you see that headboard?  I would love to have it even as an adult!  I also picked up the Summer 2012 category for inspiration and product updates.


Graphic, sumptuous, and sophisticated are the perfect words to describe these gorgeous pillows.  You will be seeing some of them in my up coming guest post.  Peacock in teal and grey ... I must have died and gone to fabric heaven!   


This is not part of the Dwell Studio collection but isn't this the most whimsical pillow on a rocker? I think I need to get this for my cousin's nursery.


Now here comes the fun part, the items that I would put in my own home in a heart beat.  Multifaceted pendant with antique mirror panels is perfect for my foyer, while this chrome chandelier is just the doctor's order over the staircase landing.


This set of four MR inspired chairs in vintage creamy leather is jaw-droppingly dreamy and they are truly stunners in a contemporary dining space.  I love how the visual team pair the set up with a light and airy dining table with polished chrome base and substantial glass top. 


I love the ostrich wallpaper the talented Christine of Bijou and Boheme used in her foyer.  It is fun, relaxed, and high in style.  So, I was totally floored when I saw this super fun "british birds" wallpaper designed by Edwyn Collins for Elli Popp.  I will find the room for you one day.  Maybe wallpaper in the bathroom? 


More ABC Carpet and Home to come this week to wrap up my NYC road trip.  See you all on Friday!

13 comments:

  1. Eek! I want that bike Tim. It's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I both Amy! I want everything!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I love it ... more to come on Friday Sundeep! By the way, you are the winner of the Para Paint giveaway, please email me your contact info and I will forward that over to Para!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE ABC Carpet & Home! Great to see your snaps as it took me right back like I was there - fabulous. I nearly bought a pair of Zebra pillows from the Dwell Studio concession but they were too big to get home - booo! P.S. You look great in that polo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr! I love that polo from TopMan!! My favourite fashion shop for the moment. Can't wait to visit UK again and check out the store at its homeland!

      Dwell Studio just opened up its flagship store in SoHo as well. I will have to check that out next time when I am in town!

      Delete
  4. Love ABC and I would want that mirrored pendant and chrome chandelier as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so ordering that mirrored pendant!

      Delete
  5. How I wish I had visited ABC when I was there! And how I would LOVE a Tom Dixon light fixture in my home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We adore ABC, they have such a great selection of everything. Love to have a rug from there! By the way, we love your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Tim! I just found you through Vanessa's site and am so happy I did! I love the manmcave you put together for her.
    My fave thing you've shown here is that little red riding hood pillow! A friend of mine is having a baby and this is a great jumping off point for the new nursery!
    I'm starting interior design school in the fall. I'll be looking to you for some inspiration.
    Your newest follower!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany! So glad that you like my mood board I put together for Vanessa. It was a fun project and I would definitely do it again!

      Isn't that little pillow the most adorable? I loved it and may just have to order it as well along with the pendant! Looking forward to seeing great work from you!

      Delete