Monday, August 13, 2012

abcs of Summer Living: Style At Home Edition

Hello Monday!  The temperature may be slightly cooler than the intense mid 30s back in July, but my summer spirit remains at all time high.  Just as you are about to see what I have done with my balcony for this summer, the talented ladies of Style at Home have put together a summer must read: the abcs of summer decorating!


This decor handbook has 26 chapters and here are a few I love the most.  "C" is for curtains, and it is precisely what I have been dreaming to incorporate at my balcony.  I just need to figure out how I can install the hardware at my balcony without jeopardizing its structural integrity.     


"f" is for flowers, and I believe this should come as no surprise to you all that I love having fresh blooms around the house.  We don't have much choices but to buy cut flowers in the winter months due to our climate.  However, I am a big believer of having a three season cut flowers garden.  Imagine dining next to the aromatic scent from your lavender or snipping a few lovely peonies or roses for your bedside table.  


Who's kidding who, I am a big fan of yellow!  I love this cheerful and energetic color, especially in the summer months when it is warm, breezy, and bright outside until 9 pm!  If you are looking for tips on how to introduce this sunny yellow into your home, check out the tips from Style at Home below!  


Last but not least, "e" is for eclectic wall treatments and the Style at Home team picked my dining room as the inspiration!  Thanks ladies for all the love!


Check out the 26 lessons here and I would love to hear which one is your favourite!  All images are courtesy of Style at Home

7 comments:

  1. Loving this post and styleathome's 26 summer decorating ideas. Our fave has to be b "beach decor" and d "doors" actually i take that back...i love all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love the door and the beachy decor too! you can't go wrong with a nautical theme and some mirror doors or classic french doors!

      Delete
  2. Tim! Love your faves from the ABCs :) Thank you so much for sharing them with your readers. Fantastic post, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine for all your love and support!! Looking forward to the Fall trend report!

      Delete
  3. So exciting to be featured yet again in a Canadian publication!! Well done, Tim, and kudos to Style at Home for producing such an inspirational editorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam!! More to come on that note :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my exterior curtain, so Saint Tropez meets old school hollywood glamour. I love it.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete