Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Site Visit: Decor Happy + Marcus Design

Hello Wednesday!  I have been a busy bee for the last little while, working around the clock to get a couple of projects under control, and haven't had much time to sit down, relax, and soak up what the gorgeous summer has to offer.  So you could imagine how excited I was to receive an invite from my  dear friend, Vanessa of Decor Happy, to her outdoor backyard party sponsored by Home Depot.

The weather was perfect, and so was Vanessa's backyard!  I love this custom sectional: it can easily accommodate seating for 10.  This master piece is a collaboration between a team of talented experts: Vanessa and Ana for bench design, Jim (aka First Time Fancy Dad) for construction, and Home Depot for material supplies (premium cedar in this case).  You can read more about this outdoor sectional collaboration here.

Of course a bench would need some comfy cushions and shots of color.  What color palette to pair with a natural cedar hue you ask? Vanessa picked a classic indigo blue for seat cushions and a preppy green & white strip for pillows via Tonic Living.  The look is fresh, elegant, and timeless.  Job well done V!  

The stone patio has a soft, sandy tone, which works seamlessly with the overall color scheme.  If you like what you see, check this paver out at Home Depot!

image credit: Leah Kirin
I certainly had a great time catching up with my dear ladies and was also delighted to have met the gracious ladies from Home Depot: Aly and Jordana.

image credit: Leah Kirin
Another great picture of Yvonne, Christine, and of course Chris and moi.

image credit: Leah Kirin
What a Vantastic party and we all had such a great time!  High five to our fabulous hostess!

image credit: Leah Kirin
Well ... by now you all should know that my favourite flower is peony and V happened to have a few vases kicking around at her backyard party.  After seeing me hugging a vase of absolutely gorgeous white peonies for over an hour, Aly and Jordana told me "feel free to take one home with you".  Now, can you imagine what it means to someone who gets up every saturday at 6 am in the morning to patrol the farmer's market at St. Lawrence Market between the month of May and June just to get some fresh white peonies?  This is HUGE!!  Thanks so much Aly and Jordana!   

Here are a few shots of these lovely peonies at my place.


Aly and Jordana also gave each of us a gift to kick start our own little herb garden.  Thanks ladies!! 


Now for a second site visit.  I am also at Marcus Design this week on the topic of "What's Old is New Again", sharing my current obsessions in fashion and home decor.     

via
Here is a sneak peek of what you will see at Marcus Design.  See you all on Friday!

via Gilt
left: via posh surf side right: via Schumacher

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely post Tim! It was a fun evening and I can't wait to do it again! Loved the peonies they brought as well and glad you got to take some home. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! That party looks like such a good time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looked so much fun! It must be exciting to meet and see different bloggers from Toronto.....Vanessa did a fabulous job building the set, I'm seriously considering building it. It'll look perfect on our boring deck! Need to spice my deck up big time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your blog while looking for some photos of episodes of Summer Home. What a nice place you've created here. A lot of inspiration for my new home. I will come back for sure, as I am a big fan of Samantha Pynn and Sarah Richardson too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Elise! So glad to hear you like my blog and please, do come back to visit me :)

      Delete
  5. It surely was a fantastic evening! Thanks V for setting the party up for us! That bench was so comfortable ... now I just have to wrap things up for my own balcony as well before the summer is over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim, looks like a great evening. what a great pressie to take home, nothing like frsh herbs.

    I'm off to Marcus Design to take a sneaky peek.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally!! Thanks for popping by Paul! Love to hear what you think of my visit at Nancy's.

      Delete