Monday, July 2, 2012

Pride 2012: NYC & Toronto

Happy Canada Day long weekend!! I hope you all are enjoying the incredible weather and had a blast on Sunday whether you were celebrating (1) Pride, (2) Canada Day, (3) Euro Cup, or (4) all of the above.  My weekend was filled with rainbow colors, laughters, and an unexpected twist (which I will share with you a little later).

Pride NYC was a week ahead of ours and I was lucky enough to be there a little in advance to embrace what the Big Apple has to offer on how to "Share the Love" proud and loud!  A couple of teaser windows in high rainbow style from Ralph Lauren and 2(X)ist at Bloomingdale's.  

The high-light at Bloomingdale's during Pride NYC is of course the hot models that grace the windows ... man I LOVE New York!  

via
via
Speaking about hot models, and this time around for one that I can actually lend my hands on ... well, ladies and gents, you have got to come to Abercrombie and Fitch.  I was still not quite ready for the "body contact" mode in middle of June.  See my thumb around his waist? Avoiding complete contact ... shame on me.    


Now let switch the topic and talk about these gorgeous ball fringes in every color of the rainbow.  Purl SoHo has got them all and Purl ships to Canada!  So for those of you who are looking to add a little Sarah and Tommy fun with drapes and pillows, check out Purl SoHo.


True to its daring and larger than life personality (I am referring to the irresistible NYC), I found this very sexy Dievx Dv Stade book in classy black & white in a furniture store.  Then I found this ... well, Peas USB Hub in MoMA.  


Other fun products at MoMA that remind me of Pride: Fun Time Wall Clock and the Playable Art Ball.


Now back to this weekend in Toronto, Pride was hot, steamy, and fabulous!  I'm proud to live in this city where LGBTTIQQ2SA (a.k.a Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Questioning, 2-Spirited and Allies) are truly welcomed and embraced by the community, and by many large corporations.  Here is TD and Telus at Pride.


Starbucks also got a colorful chalkboard in store.  I love the Pride spirit in Toronto.  As for yours truly, I also got into the spirit by pairing my favourite color combo of the season: kelly green with vivid lapis lazuli blue, and accessorized with green & purple beads + a rainbow bracelet.  Hey, got to look hot next to the dreamy "OUTLOOKS" boy.

For those of you who didn't make it to Church street on the weekend, here are a few good looking males you have missed.  Man don't you love the over 30C heat wave in Toronto during Pride?


Trojan has also been the event sponsors for many years.  They always have the hottest boys on their floats and their booths.  This year, I'm very happy to say that we have a couple of beautiful ladies in the mix and I am digging their hot construction worker look. 


Now back to reality and for something I can actually take home with to indulge: colorful rainbow cakes, cupcakes, and these pastel macarons.  One per color please!



The highlight of this weekend (to me anyway) is the Annual Pride and Remembrance Run.  I participated for the past two years and it was such a liberating experience.  My knees have been acting up since March, so I sadly had to sit out on this run.  However, my dear friend Scott of Scott Young Photography did his first Pride Run and completed the 5K run with an outstanding time of 25:05:01 (record time), and placed 350th out of 973 participants.  I'm so proud of you Scott and will be there with you next year!


via
Here is a little clip of Scott approaching the finishing line.  


Now for that unexpected twist I hinted earlier.  Well you see, I am not one who can stay in the sun for an extended period of time and with "heat wave" we had this weekend, my body decided to warn me with a minor form of heat stroke.  Body temperature was higher than normal, yet I was feeling cold and dizzy.  So for the rest of the long weekend, I rested at home and will go check in with the doctor when the office is back open on Tuesday.

Happy Pride!



4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had way too much fun this weekend Tim! Fun post - just enough macarons and eye candy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like you had a spectacular time. Rainbows of goodness everywhere ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fabulous time, Tim! Awesome recap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! Had a blast ... and way too much sun. Fever is gone and now almost back to normal again :)

    ReplyDelete