Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Midsummer Meetup: Wish Edition

Morning Wednesday!  Taking a break from my NYC road trip (yes I still have a few more exciting posts to share with you), I would like to talk about Wish today.  Wish is a super chic restaurant right in the heart of the Bloor and Yonge neighbourhood where high-end fashion meets celebrated restaurants.    

via 
Wish is definitely a hidden gem in a sense that it's just a block south of the infamous Yorkville area, it has two fabulously decorated patios, and a charming interior that connects with a wide spectrum of audiences.  Before I show you the delicious dinner I had, let's check out the decor department.

Quaint, whimsical, and rich in architectural elements, I was in love the moment I walked into the restaurant.  The handsome and majestic deer on the wall, the mismatched vintage chairs in classic white and vibrant yellow, the floral fabrics for accent pillows, and of course the full wall of panelling and old windows with a brown paper bag + pale robin's egg blue palette, just to name a few items that made my knees weak.      

This rocker is fun hey?  It is vintage, supersized (kind of hard to see in the picture), and it is special in a sense that to me, it brings back fond childhood memories of summer time with grandma.  A picture of a simple yet sophisticated table vignette at the front with baby breath in a jar and a hit of fuchsia from the business cards.         


Who wouldn't want to sit in this delightful restaurant for an afternoon tea, read a book, or sunday brunch to catch up with the BFFs.  Love the bistro style table with marble top and napkins with lavender accent bands.  



So why was I at Wish you wonder? Well you see, I've always loved the decor elements of the restaurant but never got a chance to try out their food.  So I thought why not check Wish out with a group of interior decorating bloggers for a midsummer early evening meetup?  Here we have Amy of Eye See Pretty, Vanessa of Decor Happy, Lindsey of Recreated, and Jen of Rambling Renovators.


The restaurant is also part of Summerlicious and from its menu, I picked Blue Crab cake with tomatillo salsa and aioli to start, followed by Salmon with Swiss chard, new potatoes, salsa rosso and plantain crisps as main, and Apple Caramel Pecan Crumble Tart as dessert.  The food were delicious, well proportioned, and certainly pleasing to the eyes.


The gift I ordered from Purl for Amy finally arrived and I thought why not put it in this preppy polka dot number I got from Marimekko.  It worked perfectly with the decor at Wish too!

This is Wish my friends.  Summerlicious is on until this Sunday, so why not give Wish a call if you are in the area?  See you on Friday.

via


6 comments:

  1. So much fun! Thanks for organizing. And a great location with great design! Thanks for organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun night and thanks again for the gift. Going to look so adorable in the nursery. Still thinking about how yummy our dinner was!!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great place - hope you guys had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks SUPER adorable...this is one of my "must go" places now before summer ends! The decor looks fabulous and it looks like you guys had a fabulous time! Argh wish we could go to meet these fabulous bloggers and yourself! ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. super fun indeed! We will need to do another meetup with a larger crowd soon!

    ReplyDelete