Monday, June 4, 2012

Balcony 2012 Sneak Peek: Green Envy

Morning Monday! How was your weekend? Yours truly was extremely busy working at a loft project aiming to meet the house warming deadline in 2 weeks.  Lots of work but the place is coming together nicely ... and budget has gone off the roof of course.  Remember Tommy once said to Sarah that a project can only be: (1) fast, nice, but not cheap or (2) cheap, nice, but not fast.  In our case, we only have a month from start to finish.  Considering what we needed to do (bathroom, bedroom, living room, and foyer) and all the smart shopping at clearance, Indigo, West Elm, and HomeSense, I hope the bleeding has come to an end.  More to come on the loft makeover.

For today, I would like to give you a sneak peek of what I'm up to for my balcony this year.  You remember my balcony on Style at Home? It is bright, cheerful, and full of pastel colors.  For summer 2012, I am drawn to various shades of Green ... and Kelly Green in particular.    

via
Here is the August 2011 StyleFiles and March 2012 Finds from the Canadian House & Home magazine.  Clearly I have been obsessed with green for quite some time and have been curating a game plan that will knock your socks off.  Love that green chair in StyleFiles and of course digging all the peacocks, and the saturated brass and blue accents.  That cute as a button Finley Kelly Green lamp by Arteriors inspired me to pair this sumptuous hue with classic white.   

























Just as I decided to turn my living room from "Colour me Fun" to "Neutral Sophistication",  I feel that my balcony will also need to grow up a little to reflect the refined living room.  What is the perfect element to up the glam factor and to speed up the aging process you ask? I am thinking Chinoiserie!  I love all things faux bamboo, pagoda, and chippendale (furniture style that is!), and I believe this particular style will work seamlessly with Kelly Green.  Here are the Top 10 Chinoiserie pieces selected by Interior Designers Katie Ridder and Thomas Jayne for ElleDecor.   If all of a sudden I am loaded with money (or Chris decides to be my "sugar mountain"), I would definitely pick up this gorgeous pagoda lantern by Charles Edwards for my balcony!      



Dreaming aside, here are a couple of inspirational shots from HouseBeautiful I have kept in my folder for reference.  They are similar in color palettes but quite different in the style spectrum.  Which one would I go for? You will find out soon enough!  


Be sure to catch two new back-to-back episodes of Sarah 101 tomorrow night at 8pm ET on HGTV Canada.  See you on Wednesday!   

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, green is one of my favourite colours Tim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too Amy!! Green is such an energetic and rejuvenating color!

      Delete