Monday, April 16, 2012

Summer Time @ the Bay

Happy Monday everyone!  Hope you all had a fantastic weekend and don't you just love the amazingly warm weather and sunshine? Thanks to Mother Nature, the beautiful weather arrived Toronto earlier than usual this year and so is our patio season.  The Outdoor collections at the Bay are bright, colourful, nautical, and absolutely affordable!

There are two collections that I fell in love with.  First up is the bold and cheerful collection, which I named: Palm Beach Chic.  This collection has all the bright colors under the rainbow and it definitely puts a smile on my face.  The good thing about this collection is that you can mix and match whatever pieces or colors your heart desire.  For example, the visual team has paired an orange umbrella with blue stripped pillows and seat cushions in kelly green for the chairs.  Totally unexpected and what fun!    


Isn't this the cutest dining set you have ever seen? I heart the vibrancy of the orange and I'm sure all the little princesses at home would love the daisy motif on the plate and the napkin ring.


If you prefer a more calming and serene palette, how about this blue and green version (my favourite cottage color combination)?  And you know what is best when you are sun-bathing in your backyard? A private outdoor shower within reach!!  Check out this handsome piece with a resin weave construction and polished chrome rain shower head.  This, my friend, is backyard luxe at its best!

Tailoring to the sophisticated taste of the grown-up crowd, the Bay also launched this classic blue  & white collection with shots of red for a nautical flair.  If I have a backyard, this is the palette I'm putting in my own home. The nautical palette is always fresh, crisp, and never go out of style.  To add a touch a whimsy to the set, star fish, coral, and little long-legged birdies are placed around the vignettes.    


Our technology is so advance these days when it comes to the making of outdoor furniture.  These pieces totally look like their close cousins we have in our living room.  Yet, these outdoor fellas are meant to stay outside for most of our Canadian seasons with minimal maintenance.  

I love the charcoal grey upholstery, the caning on these chairs, and those mini lanterns under the umbrella!  Totally Pottery Barn but at much more affordable prices.  


I LOVE this love seat ... and perhaps it is calling me to get a new set of outdoor furniture for my little balcony!  What do you think Chris?  



Dreaming (for me anyway) aside, I also want to show you the fantastic plates, pillows, fruit punch essentials, and linen from this collection.  Don't you just love these plates? Adorable and my fav is the sail boat.

I am a sucker for gingham, so naturally I just cannot resist these plates and table linens!  I think Chris is with me on this one ... I counted he has more than 10 gingham shirts in his closet!


Stylish blue & white tray, serving set, and pitcher + glasses with a hammered metal texture, what is not to love?  The Bay literally provided us a foolproof collection to host a sophisticated summer party in The Hamptons!  Oh wait, I actually feel like I am in Paris!


Anyhow, this I can totally see this cheerful set at cottage country out by the private beach or floating deck.  Simple construction, easy to carry around, takes up hardly any space (once folded), and I love the stripped outdoor fabric!  I am going to the Bay this week to pick up a couple of these foldable buddies.


One more exciting news for you all.  The Bay has teamed with with three talented designers: Alanna Cavanagh, Virginia Johnson, and Bev Hisey, to design three limited edition (only 1,000 per design), 100% linen, tea towels for "Spring".  These tea towels is a collaboration between the Bay and Ulster Weavers, a renowned UK firm that have a Royal Warrant to the Queen for kitchen textiles!

By how you would think these tea towels must cost a small fortune.  Well, are you sitting down? Please do before you read on.  These tea towels are only $14.95!  Here are the three different designs.  Can you guess which one is designed by who?

By now you should know which design belongs to the talented designer.  Yours truly definitely picked one and have a big plan for it.  That is all I can tell you for now... you will definitely be reading more about this little exciting secret of mine over the next couple of weeks.   

Now what are you waiting for? Go to the Bay and check out their outdoor furniture collection and these beautiful tea towels before they are all sold out!


4 comments:

  1. The cushions and the plates get me - soooo cute! Great peek - thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this site and think that it was very well put together. Plenty of patio furniture sets ideas and styles. My wife and I have been looking for a bunch of new patio furniture sets to dress the new backyard we got with our new house. We want something that will look good along side of our pool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really cannot go wrong with blue and white for the Summer holidays! xoxo R

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally! the cushions and plates are so much fun and yes, blue + white, you just can't go wrong with that palette. although this year I'm going for a different one: a more mod look is what I'm after!

    ReplyDelete