Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Summer Living with Brian Gluckstein

Happy Wednesday!  I know we have only stepped into April and Mother Nature isn't exactly offering us low 20s temperature on a daily basis, but with such a mild winter and an exceptionally warm March, it is time for us to plan for patio season.

One thing I have learned over the past couple years is that retail is now at least two months ahead of schedule: Christmas in October, Easter in March, and Halloween now starts right after Labour Day!  You know what that means? It means if you are looking for a good selection of seasonal products, you now have to shop two months in advance because by the time the actual season hits, you will be searching at the bottom of the sale barrel.

Scared yet? Good because with such elegant and sophisticated collection (not to mention very well-priced), I'm sure the 2012 Brian Gluckstein Outdoor products will be sold out at the Bay before you know it.  Today, let me share with you what I love about Brian's 2012 Outdoor Collection.

First up is this streamlined, stylish, and sensational series in a blue, grey, and muted espresso palette.  With great attention to detail and Brian's high standard on quality, these chairs all have an amazing weave construction in durable resin wicker, crisp white piping to contrast against the beautiful grey seat cushions, and accentuated by these graphic toss pillows with a leaf motif.  This collection makes me feel like I'm in South Beach, Miami!  

image via Gluckstein Design

Now let's check out this soothing, watery collection in person.  The dining table comes with a sexy silver base and the top is a "no maintenance" creation that looks like weathered wood.  I just love this plate set!  They look like stoneware and glass, but they are actually non-breakable plastic pieces that are fully re-usable and perfect for green outdoor entertaining.  Again, taking cue one of the latest interior trends (high gloss wall), these placemats have a super chic high gloss layer on top!


Classic arm chair or casual dining chair, the choice is truly yours.    


Here comes the ultimately lounge essentials for any summer oasis.  I now wish I have a pool in the backyard, so I have a reason to take home a couple of this gorgeous chaise and this incredible daybed with an "over-hang"!  I have to point out the amazing colors and patterns on these pillows.  I love all of them in this collection and they all work so well with the grey seat cushions.  


Now if you are looking for something a bit more punchy, how about this delicious collection in rich, sumptuous red?

image via Gluckstein Design    
I love the strong, bold statement this red and white scheme offers and of course that Greek inspired geometric motif on the umbrella above, the placemats, and these dynamite plates!

If you have a beautiful backyard and not sure if you like the resin wicker look, why not go for this decadent cast iron inspired collection? I love the gracious lines of this collection and check out that sexy back!  The coffee table reminds me of faux bamboo furniture with a Hollywood Regency vibe.

image via Gluckstein Design



Isn't this stunning series just out of this world gorgeous?  Brian did not only make sure all the pieces are "dropproof", but he also offers customers a "Product Knowledge Centre" to visualize how the pieces would look in different configuration.  A few close-ups of this gutsy collection.      



And here is how good they look when placed together: it is all about the color, pattern, and layering.  If red is your color for this season, make sure you hit the Bay fast before Brian's 2012 Outdoor collection is sold out!


Brian was on CityLine last week to give us a preview of what is hot for Summer 2012.  What a fun-filled segment.  Have a look. 


Easter is around the corner and if you are still looking for last minute decoration or brunch must-haves for the Easter weekend, you have got to check out the Bay! This summer collection is so bright and cheerful that I would totally use it both Easter and summer.


Playful, casual, and pastel is what this collection is all about. 


You all know I'm obsessed with cheerful yellow and polka dots.  Need I say more? Wrap them up for me please ... and yes including the Rooster!


Now if you are still unsure about what to do with your outdoor space, how about bringing summer inside with a new coat of paint? Brian has generously offered a signed fan deck of the Gluckstein Home colors for Benjamin Moore for one lucky reader on DesignMaze.  To enter, simply leave me a comment telling me what you have planned for your home this summer.  For extra entry, follow Gluckstein Home on twitter and Facebook, and tell me you have done so.  The last day for entry is April 13th.

image via Gluckstein Design
So what are you waiting for? Leave me a comment, follow Brian on twitter/ Facebook, and head over to the Bay to check out the Gluckstein Outdoor Collection and all these Easter-friendly products!

8 comments:

  1. thanks for the links to twitter and facebook, I already have that fan deck it's great...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your posts are so comprehensive Tim, I am sooo impressed. This is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore anything by Brian! (Notice how similar my blogname is to his company?) In fact, I contacted his company via twitter and found the colour of a room from his website, it's now the colour of my master bedroom! This summer I am painting my kitchen cabinets and walls! A fan deck sure could help me :) (ps. I follow on fb as well!) xoxo R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tim - great round up on the Gluckstein collection. I was at The Bay myself last weekend to check out the patio sets. I haven't settled on a patio set yet, but I'm totally sold on the red & white greek key plates! Definitely headed back for those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good stuff Tim! Bring on summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tips re: retail stores and their ranges is spot on, Tim. I find the same here in London. p.s. Can we talk about those yellow plates? HELLO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My plans for the summer include buying a bbq, getting some furniture for patio, make a decision on sofa pillows already, and wallpaper the back of my bookcase.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who doesn't love Brian...I already follow him on facebook...and would love to win the fandeck...
    I am hoping this summer to put a patio at the bottom of my deck and the last time I was at the Bay they where just putting out the summer collection..Can't wait to see it all.
    I should make the treck to the store on younge st.
    Thanks for the post and the opportunity to win. cheers Frances

    ReplyDelete