Monday, April 23, 2012

Store Alert: HomeSense April 2012

Happy Monday!  The weather man says we will see some white stuff today and they ain't fluffy.  I sure hope his forecast is way off this time, as I'm really not ready to go back to "Winter" and neither are the lovely spring blooms.  I was very busy this weekend running around town to cross off the items on my "To-Do" list for a secret mission, but Chris and I just couldn't resist the temptation of visiting High Park to catch the end of this year's cherry blossom.  It was a nice little walk and we did see some pale pink blossoms on the trees.  Inspired by the afternoon walk, I decided to start off today's post with a touch of nature from HomeSense.

Always looking for unique items to frame as art, this beautiful plate has graceful lines.  To me, it feels warm and homey, and I love its "hand-drawn" quality, not to mention the vibrant orange and radiant blue palette.  I KNOW ... I really shouldn't buy more accessories but I just couldn't resist these birdies!  Together they form an amazing vignette with a Chinoiserie vibe.        


Talking about Chinoiserie chic, check out this pair of palm leaf beauties in gold!  They surely up the luxe factor in any spaces.  

If palm leaf is a bit too Hollywood glam for you, here is a touch of gold you can easily incorporate in your home. Super stylish fruit bowl anyone?  

I love this planter!  Constructed with light weight material, the wood grain detail and the white-washed, drift wood finish make it the perfect planter with an organic flair for a hip balcony.     


Blooms, blooms, and more blooms!  That's what I see everywhere in home decor and here are four floral pillows I heart.  It is certainly interesting to see how textile designers interpret the same subject matter (in this case, flowers) and come up with very different illustrations.  I love them all and would use them all (maybe not at the same time) in my own space.  How about you? Which style you like the most?    


I am also totally crazy about coral this season.  Here is a simple yet sophisticated pillow by Ralph Lauren and some adorable polka dot towels by Kate Spade.


Blue and green is my all time favourite cottage palette.  They are fresh, crisp, and never go out of style.  Here is an indigo ikat pairing with mossy green blooms.


As the ikat fever continues, whether your like them bold and colourful or more calm and subdued, HomeSense has got you covered.  One thing I do want to point out: see the blue and yellow one on the left, it reminds me of the ikat fabric from Dwell Studio Sam used in Summer Home.  This pillow is certainly a good catch for those who are not yet ready to use such graphic pattern on a "permanent" piece.  

Surprise!! More birdies ... I love the soft green + yellow and the contrasting pipping in mossy green.  To pair with this birdie pillow, I picked this graphic number for impact and see how nicely the orange ties in with the hint of orange on the birdies. 


A similar motif and this time it is on furniture.  Not sure about the current color and finishes of this piece, but I surely love the Hollywood vibe. To give it a facelift, a coat of high gloss white and gold leaf the side should do it!   


Now here is a exquisite piece that doesn't need any updating.  I love the rich mahogany finish and check out those stylish knobs!  I would totally use a pair of these as bedside tables.   

Here is another bedside table alternative: it reminds me of a very similar piece I fell in love with at Elte.  Only this one is a lot more affordable and it has proven to be a sturdy piece by passing my "shake test".


HomeSense has outdone themselves this time by offering us many decadent and elegant pieces at very reasonable prices.  Check out this quilted gold side table with antique mirror and a faux leather stool with all bells and whistles.  


I have seen a stylish stool like this in many home decor magazines and from their source lists, a close cousin of this handsome piece could well be tripled the $199 HomeSense is asking for.


Hello hexagon ottoman upholstered in mod black & white chevron + nail head detail! May I say:  START THE CAR!!


I love a bold statement on the walls and you all know I'm a wallpaper maniac.  If you are still on the fence about wallpaper, why not consider using statement mirrors like these to add wow factor to your foyer or powder room?  For less than $100 a piece, you simply can't go wrong here. 


Porcelain lamps with cut outs are sought after pieces in many luxuriously decorated interiors.  Here is a pair I found with an adorable flower motif for an unbeatable price of $69.99 a piece.  To elevate the twins for an exquisite designer look, I am getting them a custom shade and a lucite or glass base.     


Are you looking for garden stools?  Do you like these two I found? If you answered yes for both counts, hit your local HomeSense now!  Spring is in full swing at HomeSense and amazing pieces like these for only $59.99 a piece won't last long.   As you can see, the blue one is already mine!


7 comments:

  1. God I love your Homesense posts!! What Homesense do you go to??? That's what I want to know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hexagon ottoman is so cute. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at Homesense yesterday... did not see anything like what your's has... loving the budge pillow, I would have bought that if they had one at mine!
    check out my give away on my blog.. loving yours!
    Regards, Carol Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lot of great HomeSense finds, as always, Tim! I love that X leg bench - what a great accent piece, perfect for extra seating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Shake test"....bahahahaha. Store managers love me when I do that! Those budgies are precious :) Lucky duck, I would have leg-wrestled you in HS for that garden stool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOve those finds. That gold table is fabulous! I got my garden stool there too - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooove that coral RL pillow. In fact, I had to tear myself away from one yesterday (the longer lumber version). Good finds, as always. The blue and white garden stool is lovely.

    ReplyDelete