Saturday, April 7, 2012

Store Alert: Elte

Happy Easter weekend everyone! I know I am a little behind on my "Friday Post" ... but hey, better late than never.  Today, we are checking out Elte, an high-end home furnishing one-stop shop in Toronto, where you can find anything from furniture, floor covering, lighting, wall accent, to decorative accessories.

To kick off this tour, please welcome Mitchel Gold & Bob William.  I fell in love with this design power house the moment I stepped into their showroom in NYC.  As they say a picture is worth a thousand words, this gorgeous brushed brass chandelier is the perfect example to showcase the Mitchel Gold & Bob William brand: luxurious, decadent, and classic elegance.    


Beautiful living room with streamlined sofa in dove grey upholstery and a pair of slipper chairs in citrine yellow.  To balance off the contemporary aesthetic, a traditional wing back chair slip-covered in casual canvas/cotton blend is placed on facing the bold slipper chairs.

Noticed the pair of artwork above the sofa? I quite like them actually and may just be inspired enough for a DIY in the near future.


Now if you are looking for cottage chic with a nautical flair, this living space is right up your alley.  Classic white slip-covered sofa and a pair of stunning arm chairs upholstered in a rainbow of blues, this is the room where you come to relax, unwind, and rejuvenate


Don't you just love this chair? I'm crazy about its silhouette, the painted feet, and yes, it's even on casters for easy "relocation" to us serial decorators.  

The living room on the right is my dream bachelor pad: a loft in SoHo Manhattan.  I love the masculine and roomy sectional sofa, the square coffee table and side table in medium wood tune, the glamorous table lamp with a brass ring base and matte black shade, and a contemporary interpretation of a classic herringbone.  

Another design element I love in this vignette is the most basic and yet fundamental of all: the color palette.  The hue of this blue wall is rich and sophisticated thanks to the slight grey undertone.  While the brown and brass accent adds warmth to the vignette, the black helps ground the space.  Yours truly has a similar color as an accent wall and I used SR25, Vista, from Sarah Richardson Designer Palette by Para Paints.  If you want a quick fix to add charm, character, and a splash of color to your home, Vista is one good smokey blue!


The similar palette carries into the bedroom.  To not alienate the bachelor's female friends, the furniture pieces in the bedroom are slightly curvaceous, while the polished chrome on the dresser, the mirror legs on the stools, and the large beveled floor mirror add sparkle to the space.



Of course I can't forget my female readers and here is a feminine take on Art Deco with South Beach Glam.   The pair of slipper chairs dressed in red velvet with tufted back reminds me of a luscious red lipstick, and the geometric motif on the mirror and the console table has me thinking of "Nest" in South Beach, Miami.  


I love this little table and it is absolutely a conversation piece with its decadent brass base (I love those two little knobs) and the popping red top.  Now this artwork may not be everyone's cup of tea but I love it!  I happen to like the "moody" quality of this piece and will do more research on the artist soon.       


Who is kidding who? Of course I love this all white and neutral section!  The pieces are exquisite and truly the stars in any space.  I love the settee and the coffee table (check out those legs) but my favourite of them all is this stunning armoire with its panel detail, greek inspired feet, and oh mine those brass blooms as knobs! 

A couple other pieces I heart during this visit and they both share a common quality: intricate detail and strong presence in any room. 


I am searching for a pair of statement lamps for a living room project and this, my friend, demands your attention. I love the solid brushed brass construction, the matte black angular lamp shade, and how could I say no to this decadent ring detail on the side!  LOVE IT!  

Now that we are on brass talk, let's quickly check out a couple of ceiling mount brass beauties I spotted this time around.  I'm not a big fan of ceiling mount fixtures, especially with the recent popularity of "boobs lamp" thanks to builder basic.  However, if ceiling mount is your only option for the space, Elte has got you covered!  Good Bye "Boobs Lamp" and Hello "Brass Gorgeous"!


Being a faux bamboo addict, I couldn't help admiring this amazing collection.  Hollywood Glam here I come!


Elte has expanded its floor covering section and now all these patterns on the way can be custom to whatever dimension you want!


Elte has truly covered all the colors under the rainbow and for Spring/Summer 2012, why not pick something bold, colorful, and nautical?  I love them all but if I have to pick my favourites, the luxe shiny prince in blue at the top left corner, the kelly green print at column 4 row 4 (yes I work with excel daily after all) and of course the timeless grey and yellow beautiful at last column row 3! 


One can never have enough chevron and polka dot.  I've shown you a black & white polka dot at my recent sourcing trip ... and see what I've found here! Polka dot is cheerful yellow and white combo!


The second-life rugs and the new sari rugs are stunning pieces and you know what, we should really start hanging these one of a kind pieces on the wall as artwork!  Can't you tell I am crazy about Kelly Green this season? 

Striped or fish scale?  They are both equally beautiful and for sure to bring a smile to everyone's face.   


Looking for a more neutral, muted approach to home decor but want a classic pattern for a touch of sophistication?  Here are two show-stoppers that do just that!  

I didn't forget my mission at the rug section was to find another black & white rug for the living room to go with the polka dot that sits amazingly in the dining room.  This, my friend, may be it!  Love the pattern, texture, and how it echos the polka dot in the adjacent room.


Before I wrap up this edition of my Elte post, I want to know what you think of this clown table lamp and this bird cage pendant.  I just think they are so much fun and which kid wouldn't want that touch of whimsy in their rooms? In fact, I actually want the table lamp in my own home.  My friends think I'm crazy and that they think the lamp is scary.  

So now I want to hear from you: Yes or No?


One more reminder: the Mitchel Gold & Bob William event is on at Elte until May 6.  Go check out the elegant and exquisite collection and enjoy the extra 20% off.  Also want to give a big Thank You to the talented visual team for putting together these tastefully decorated vignettes as inspiration.  Great Job!

image via: Elte
Have a fantastic Easter Weekend!  Will see you all on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Very inspiring! On my list for my next trip to Toronto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Tim! I'm usually there with clients so don't get an opportunity to snap photos of their pretty vignettes. Their MGBW sale is a good one - have been a long time fan of their sofas. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete