Friday, April 20, 2012

Spring Talk with Sarah Richardson

Happy Friday folks!! I'm extra excited today even though I will be very busy this weekend preparing for a fantastic top secret gig.  I know this is killing you all but that is all I can share at this point.  You will be the first to know when it is live!

Anyhow, the gorgeous sunshine ahead has me thinking all things Spring and today, we have Ms. Sarah Richardson sharing with us her favourite hues for Spring and how to inject them in your home.

image via Para Paints
Coral, Apricot, and Robin's Egg are some of my favs.  But if I have to pick my ultimate obsession for this season, I am going for "Spring".  It is vibrant, sophisticated, and fresh without being too bright and flashy.  I have never used such a rich luscious green in my own space before, so I am very excited that I am breaking out of my comfort zone and embracing this new hue to my life.

Determine to use kelly green as the jumping off point for my balcony this year, I want it to feel bold, chic, and not the rainforest cafe.  Here is my inspiration shot.  I know my tiny balcony will not be as grandeur as this breathtaking loggia, but I will make it a sweet spot in the condo.

image via Vignette Design
Of course the retailers have also picked up this sizzling hot color and they are now all over the market.  Check out these handsome indoor/outdoor chairs at CB2:


I was also drawn to this vignette with this comfy chaise in mossy green and this bright and cheerful coup clover pillow in classic kelly green and crisp white honeycomb embroidery. 
  

Even local artist has caught the green fever!  Here we have giant sea monster toying with diver and sail boat at its finger tips.


Fun mural isn't it?  If you like the octopus but want less commitment than a wall mural, why not using one of these watercolor inspired silk pillows from West Elm in your home?


And you know what else you can do to make this Spring that much more special? Order the Cole Dining Chair designed by Sarah!  For a limited time only (well actually only until April 25th), you can order this gracefully shaped dining chair at 20% off and you can customize how you want it upholstered!  I am so seeing a pair of Cole in kelly green with crisp white linen pipping for moi!   Here is the details on how to place your order:

image via Sarah Richardson Design 
image via Sarah Richardson Design
Sarah was also on Marilyn Dennis' show earlier in March and here is a collection of stylish, comfortable, and very affordable items we can all indulge in our homes.

image via The Marilyn Denis Show
To wrap up today's post, do you want to know what is Sarah's favourite flowers, how she refreshes her home for spring, and a hint of yet another exciting project to come? Check this out!



Have a fab weekend everyone!  Will see you on Monday.

5 comments:

  1. Great post Tim! Can't wait to hear about your secret gig and see your revamped balcony. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green accents and especially the lovely green octopus! Great post Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it Tim. This is a coincidence, but my blog post today was sort of about Sarah too!http://gentlespirit111.blogspot.com/2012/04/lesprit-de-lescalier.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kelly green is such a fresh colour, I'm sure it's going to look fabulous on your balcony. This is such a great post, Tim, and I love Sarah's spring style!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scheme is almost completed!! can't wait to see if all come to life!

    ReplyDelete