Monday, April 30, 2012

Gus* @ High Point Market Spring 2012

Happy Monday!  Hope you all enjoyed the beautiful sunny weekend (at least for those of us in Toronto), and perhaps scored some amazing deals at your local garage sales.  While poking around the hip trendy Queen West neighbourhood, I noticed the Beds and Storage event is now on at Style Garage: that's 15% off all made-to-order dressers, nightstands, beds, media stands, etc.  I am a proud owner of two amazing Style Garage pieces, and I just love their clean line sophisticated design.

Gus* Modern is the sister company of Style Garage and I first noticed Gus* has ventured into the United States during my trip to NYC a couple of years ago.  Today, Gus* Modern is a well-known furniture maker south of the border and at the High Point Market Spring 2012, Gus* launched an amazing new collection ranging from sofas, sectionals, single chairs, to side tables and credenzas.  Here are a few snapshots of Gus* Modern at the High Point Market.




The Gus* visual team just nailed it at High Point.  Heart their lightly stained pine walls and you know what, old racquets as edgy wall art may just be the next big thing in home decor!   Thanks to the Gus* team, today I'm giving you all a sneak peek of the exciting new collection.  

First up, the Adelaide series is a new addition to the sofa family.  I love its simplistic design and how it exudes a classic mid-century modern vibe.  An unique design of the arm cushion provides added comfort and echos the signature "slim" arm design from the 50s.  To make sure you will be able to bring this handsome piece into your living room via those tight corners (you condo dwellers and proud owners of a narrow Victorian know what I'm talking about), the tapered wood legs are designed for easy removal and reattachment.

As you can see, the Adelaide sectional works beautifully in this loft filled with full-height windows and painted hardwood floor.


The Harbord series features flanged arms, tapered wood legs with stringers, and man don't I just love those extra thick tufted seat cushions.  Chris loves to lounge on a sofa and the Harbord series may just work better than marriage counselling.


For maximum versatility and make room layout redesign a breeze, the chaise of this bi-sectional can actually be configured on the left, the right, or even as standalone seating.  Don't believe me? See for yourself!  


Tufting is a huge trend this year and you see them everywhere on upholstered pieces.  With the unique diamond-quilted details on both the seat & back, plus a stainless steel base, the Thatcher Sofa is fun, modern with a Hollywood glam twist.  It certainly stands out from the other pieces on the market and will surely be a conversation piece in your home.  


Of course the statement sofa needs the equally striking side table and coffee table to complete the showstopper living room to wow your guests.  Check out the Glacier end table!  I love the brushed stainless steel construction, and that the designer was inspired by the rugged Canadian landscape when conceptualizing this sculptural side table.  It is modern, edgy, and has a touch of softness due to the brushed finish on the stainless steel.


You all know I picked up the Stump collection at Gus* Warehouse sale.  I love the faux wood pattern mimics the organic lines of a sawn tree trunk, and how the pattern adds a touch of nature in interior decor.  So I am super excited to see the Root coffee table and end table.  These two pieces are designed as stand alone pieces, but they are totally compatible to nest together for a dynamic, layered look.  


Here is the end table on its own.  Love this bear on top of the wood pattern top and don't these tapered wood legs look like "pillars of the Earth"?


I have been looking everywhere for the perfect side board for a dining room project: a piece at the right height to serve drinks and hors d'oeuvre with plenty of storage for dinnerware.  Completely customizable (size and height), this Wilson cabinet has a walnut frame and white lacquered doors & drawers for an urban contemporary look with a hint of Art Deco.  This may just be the answer to my prayer.      


Can there be too much of a good thing? I say not!  Here is the Wilson end table and I see this working perfectly in a chic bedroom.


I am also super excited for my cousin when she told me she is having a baby!  My cousin and I grew up together (we used to live 5 mins walk from each other in Hong Kong), and even with my crazy busy schedule, I am all for designing her a nursery for many of those sleepless nights to come.  Not that I know anything about glider but every mom I've met swore by them like it is the best gift for mankind.  In that case, I think my cousin will need one and this Kipling glider and ottoman is just anything but your typical good old glider.  Here is how the Gus* team describes this stylish creation:     

"Kipling Glider & Ottoman: The Kipling has a geometric shape that was inspired by children’s wood blocks.  It features French seams, a quiet rocking motion, and ergonomic proportions for comfortable neck support and arm position.  Made with FSC-Certified wood.  Matching ottoman also glides, and is sold separately."

I love the sleek, clean line design of this glider and check out the walnut detail at the base!  Cousin, I think you need the Kipling Glider & Ottoman.  


Last but not least, my rooms wouldn't be completed without any pillows.  Here are the hand-screened graphic pillows inspired by racquet sport feature non-toxic inks on soft white cotton fabric. 


A big thank you to Gus* Modern for providing me the beautiful images and details of their latest products.  I can totally see certain pieces from this strong collection will be part of my design projects.  Check out your local Gus* retailers over the next couple of weeks, and see how some of these ingeniously designed and well-made pieces will work in your home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment